3. Navigator of the Seas
We cruised with a family group of 10. Our immediate family of 6 had cruised before but we had 4 newbies. Embarkation went smoothly and we were on the ship by noonish. Everyone in our group had a great time despite our 20yr old dd getting bad motion sickness this time and our 22 yr old ds not listening to his mother and not putting on enough sun screen and drinking enough water. We found the sea bands in one of the stores on day 5 and that those helped dd. We did not try any of the specialty dining. We had my time dinning and requested to be sat with the same wait staff after our first night because our waiters Atacan and Radmir took amazing care of us. We mostly ate breakfast in the windjammer and Atacan would keep an eye out for us and help us find a table and make sure we had everything we needed. I am a picky eater so I didn't care for breakfast in the mdr or the windjammer, but I always found something to eat. But the rest of our group had no problem. For lunch we went to the mdr a few times and the windjammer other times. Both were very good. Oh we did do Johnny Rockets one day for lunch. It was very good but greasy and did not like me about an hour later. We watched the ice show and that was really good. The casino was too smoky to try and go there, just going through that deck on the stairs it was really strong. Our 12 and 17 yr old dds had fun in the teen group. Some of our group tried out the flow rider and the rock climbing wall and really enjoyed those. My husband, son, and nephew played basketball almost every night and we all really enjoyed the movies out on the pool deck. Since we were in the RFS we had access to the concierge lounge. Nadja was super friendly and helped us with reservations and invited us to go on a bridge tour. Lei was the bartender in the lounge, she was amazing and knew what we liked to drink after the first night. Labadee- Half of our group did the yoga on the beach in the morning. We had a Standard Cabana on Barefoot beach club. The buffet lunch was very good. It was not very crowded on that beach, the weather wasn't super great in the morning so maybe that was why. Six of us did the zip line. I was brave and did it, I am so glad I did, it was amazing. Curacao- We did a half day tour with Irie tours, they had open air buses and did a tour of the town and a stop at the distillery and then you could either choose to stay at sea aquarium beach for 1 or 2 hours. We went back to the ship and grabbed something to eat and then went back out to check out the stores around the port. Aruba- Here we rented a 12 passenger van and drove around on our own. We went to the natural bridge, the California light house, the Bushiribana Gold Mill Ruins, and we stopped at a beach and swam for awhile, not sure which one. Bonaire- I had booked us a snorkeling trip with Woodwind and this was my favorite excursion we did. The staff is amazing. All of us on the boat were split in 3 groups with about 8/9 people in each group and had a guide. It was a drift snorkel and went along the reef. They had a photographer and you could buy the usb for $40, which was definitely worth it. This was our first cruise with RCI and we booked our next one while on board.

Wonderful time had by all!

Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by askfrog

• Sail Date: December 2016
  • Destination: Caribbean

This was our first cruise with RCI and we booked our next one while on board.
askfrog’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 13 to 15
Ages 16+
Get Royal Caribbean Navigator of the Seas price drops

We had this cabin full with 8 of us. There was a ton of closet space, 3 in the main bed room, 1 in the small one and a walk in one across from the bathroom. We had no problem with not having enough room, the other 2 in our group were in our room fairly often too. The balcony was huge with 2 lounge chairs and a table with 4 chairs. The beds were comfortable. One daughter said the fold down couch bed was good, other said it was just okay. Both bedrooms had nice big vanity's to get ready, with really good lighting.
  Navigator of the Seas Deck Plans