3. Norwegian Jewel
We stayed in the forward penthouse suite, which was great! The room was a nice size and the balcony was awesome. The perks like having a butler and concierge was really helpful. We got to board/disembark first, always had a spot to sit at shows, and could have breakfast at a separate restaurant that was a lot quieter than the main buffet. I also liked that room service was free because we did use that a few times. Every afternoon, we'd get snacks like peanut butter sandwiches, a cheese platter, even a gingerbread house on Christmas. That was a nice touch. The food was good and bad. Lots of food options and most were fine, but some not so good. The sushi bar specialty dining was terrible. The rice had too much vinegar that you could taste so everything tasted bitter. The chinese food had very dry chicken. Overall the food wasn't great but there was plenty of it so you could always get something else. The Splash Academy kids club was pretty good. The kids had fun-not amazingly "wow" fun, but they enjoyed it. The last day they did a performance for the parents, which was really cute. What I didn't like about the club was that you had to pick up the kids every 2 hours for their meals and by the time you went to check them in (it took about 15 minutes each time), as well as picking them up (always a line). Lots of time wasted on that. The activities were pretty good on board but a lot you had to pay for to do. We did massages, which were really pricey. $200 each and the lady spent about 15 minutes afterwards trying to sell me a bunch of products. It was good until the sales pitch. Tips are not included so be prepared to pay a few hundred more at the end- also butler and concierge not included in the tips the board takes, so we spend more than $700 on tips..yikes! With Norwegian we did have some issues before our cruise. Our original cruise was cancelled/rescheduled a few days later and dropped from 8 nights to 7. Compensation for a family of four was $25, no joke. Also we were supposed to get 3 specialty dining nights free and we only got that after wasting a lot of hours...they wanted to give us $75 TOTAL instead- mind you, the specialty dining ranges from $25-$50 each person, so it should have been $75-$150 EACH. Everything was in our e-mail confirmation but Norwegian said it was an issue we had to talk to costco about. The boat was very rocky. I think the jewel being a smaller vessel had something to do with it. I felt sick, and the rocking was pretty noticeable by other passengers. The staff was very nice/helpful and the kids had a great time. I am not sure I would go again on this cruise line/ship- will opt for a larger ship next time that is more inclusive.

Good cruise but so much nickel and diming

Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review by zeppgirl

Ages 10 to 12
Get Norwegian Jewel price drops

Penthouse with Large Balcony
Cabin SE 10500
Great location. Quiet since it's directly under the captain's area so the only ones walking above are the people steering the ship. Also in the very front of the ship so not much traffic. Beautiful view.

Negatives- very front of the ship so you feel the motion more.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins