3. Regal Princess
We sailed on the Regal Princess Christmas cruise and it was the best cruise I have ever been on. I have also been on the Royal Princess and enjoyed that but this was longer and the ports were far superior. I think I will only sail Princess going forward. After sailing on RC, Celebrity, and Carnival, the service is just so much better on Princess. This ship was gorgeous and extremely clean. You never felt over crowded and the service was 5 star. I sailed on Allure of the Seas a few months ago and loved the cruise however I was at the front desk daily with problems on board. On this cruise every single question you asked the staff was answered with a yes. There was no nickel and diming there was no hassle there was only perfect service. Getting on the ship was easy as can be and took about 15 minutes. The food was good to excellent. Shockingly I thought the food in the buffet was incredible. I have never experienced great buffet food but the staff went all out. It was a holiday cruise and the decor was beautiful and the food choice was elaborate. The quality of most of the dishes was amazing. The dining room was less inspiring. The portion size was tiny and although you can order multiple entrees I would rather just get one that is not an appetizer portion. Also, the food quality was not great and the menu choice was really disappointing. We went to both Sabatinis and Crowne Grill. The service and food at Sabatinis was five star. It was well worth the extra charge and the host and waiter were the best on the ship. They brought us about 15 dishes and treated us like royalty. The food quality was just excellent and we loved every part of this place. Crowne Grill was not good at all. We were surprised because I always heard it was. We had a lobster cake and the lobster cake that was terrible and tasted very fishy. The steak was not good at all and the host and service were just mediocre. We expected a lot more after the service we received at Sabatinis. We went to Alfredos which was free and excellent. The pizza was great. However, the pizza by the pool was absolutely amazing. You won't believe how good the pizza is there. All in all I believe this ship had the best food I have ever had on a cruise without a fee. I have had some better meals on Allure but they came at a high price. The rooms and dining staff should be praised on Regal. Our room was a balcony stateroom and although small it was perfect for us and we loved it. This was a Christmas cruise and the staff went all out. The decorations and events on the ship were the best I've seen ever on a cruise. The Cruise Director and Staff could not have done a better job. You felt like you were in the middle of a great Christmas movie and felt special during the holiday.....and I am Jewish! They also had Chanukah events that were great too. The entertainment went from great to very poor. The cruise performers and singers were not talented. There is no quality control here. They could hardly carry a tune. But the shows and production were great. For example we saw Fiere which was incredible except for the fact that the singers could not stay in tune. With better talent this show would have been amazing. They brought a impersonator singer on board to and after a few notes we left. The best show we saw was the Voice at Sea where passengers competed. The stage and setup was the exact same as on television and the talent was much better than the professionals on the cruise. We did like the two comedians we saw and absolutely love movies under the stars. We did just come off Allure a few months earlier where the cruise talent was excellent. However, with Princess live and all the other venues we constantly felt entertained. My kids got massages in the spa and they could not have been nicer. The gym was beautiful and overlooked the ocean. it was a pleasure to work out in that setting and the staff was some of the nicest on the ship. The pool area was never too crowded and the largest screen at sea is one of the best features on the cruise. Every day they had a different concert, sporting event, or music program. It was so relaxing to sit under the sun and view that screen. We went to Nassau, St Thomas, Antigua, Dominica, Grenada, and Aruba. Each port was more beautiful than the next. We loved every second of every port. We did only excursions through outside companies which I highly recommend as like with all the other cruise lines Princess rips passengers off when booking through them. It must be a huge revenue stream because the tours are usually double in cost to what you can get on your own. I also found the offering totally inadequate compared to what RC has to offer. However, we had private tours in each port and if anyone wants advice on this feel free to email because they were all perfect. So this was a 10 star cruise. It could not have been better besides some of the entertainment. We are picky travelers and travel a lot and I cannot imagine anyone not loving this ship. After going on Royal a few years ago and now Regal I am done trying other cruise lines.

Incredible Princess Cruise

Ages 10 to 12
Get Regal Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BD D706
Small but beautiful balcony. We loved the room. The movie choices on the television were amazing. The room steered was excellent.
Riviera Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Snorkeling
    We took the extreme tour. It was probably the best tour I have ever taken in my life. The staff was the nicest you can imagine. We were on a high speed boat that took us around the island to amazing snorkeling locations. The staff would tell us everything about the island which was magnificent. We stopped at the most beautiful private beach for lunch. It felt like we were in a dream. This island was insane and it was only made better by this tour. It is worth every penny and more. There are not enough good things to be said about Adventure Antigua. If I go back I would do the exact same tour again. I did not want it to end.
    View All 64 Snorkeling Reviews
  • Jeep Tour
    Although this company was slightly disorganized with timing they could not have been nicer. This is for people without a bad bag. You will get sore and bounced around on this jeep. Although this was amazing for the kids and I you will not like this if you want a calm ride. Aruba was stunning and ABC took us to beautiful locations and beaches and even a bat cave. Every second was amazing.
    View All 49 Jeep Tour Reviews
  • River Float
    We did the river rafting, waterfalls, and champagne snorkel. It was an excellent tour. The driver was just okay but the tour was great. The river rafting was the best I have done in the Caribbean as we have also done Jamaica and this was better. The Champagne snorkel is a must see.
    View All 10 River Float Reviews
  • Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades)
    Best cruise port to sail out of. Everything is easy and right next to the airport
    View All 1,922 Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades) Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades) Cruise Port Review
  • Island Tour
    Glenroy owner of Gifted Taxi Service took us on a full Day tour of Grenada. First of all Grenada is a rain forrest paradise. This tour was amazing and he took us through the forest and constantly pointed out the trees and let us try many amazing fruits and herbs. We went to the waterfalls which were stunning. We went to the Spice Factory and the Chocolate Factory and he took us all over the island to the most beautiful spots. He was very nice to my kids and I highly recommend this company.
    View All 52 Island Tour Reviews
  • Nassau
    Nassau is okay. We went to Cabbage beach and rented jet skis. There is a lot of hassle on the beach from venders but the beach is beautiful. The bahamas don't compare to the other ports so it was our least favorite
    View All 5,873 Nassau Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Nassau Cruise Port Review
  • Sailing
    We rented a 50 foot private sailboat for the day and snorkeled and went to ST Johns. It was wonderful and private and costed only a little more than a cruise excursion with 200 people on it. We loved every second