3. Marco Polo
We chose this cruise because of the itinerary and date. Which is the main reason we cruise. The ship and cruise line are secondary to us. Embarkation: No problems. Nothing to note. Ship: Older, smaller ship. Which has it's pro and cons. My wife liked that we were close to dining and the theater. We docked right in the ports of some smaller towns. The ship also looked like a classic cruise ship. Cabin: OK. The main problem was the shower was slow draining and splash over at times. But, we're not really fussy about our cabin. We had a nice big window. Dining: OK. Typical British food. Brought the beer package, 14 beers for $50. Entertainment: Good. Enjoyed the shows and lectures, especially the bird classes. Service: OK. Eastern European crew. Did their job but could smile more. I guess that's just how they are. I asked how many more beers I had on my package, and the server said "You should know that." Ports: Great! Most times we were the only ship in port. Only had to tender once in Shetland. Iceland and Shetland were the highlights. Also enjoyed the Faeroes, Kirkland and Inverness. Shore excursions: Only took the ship's excursions if there were no other choice. Took a local tour in Reychivic and was glad we did. Traveller: Mostly British in the 60-70's. Disembarkation: No problems. We did the express checkout (you carry your own bags off and are the first to go.) To sum it up: The itinerary was interesting and a great way to see Iceland! The ship was OK. But we knew that going in so it was a big disappointment. Overall we had a good time!

Great Itinerary, Average Ship

Marco Polo Cruise Review by wekim

Embarkation: No problems. Nothing to note.

Dining: OK. Typical British food. Brought the beer package, 14 beers for $50.

Traveller: Mostly British in the 60-70's.

wekim’s Full Rating Summary