3. Ovation of the Seas
I chose this cruise to experience a brand new ship after thoroughly enjoying a week on the Allure of the Seas from Port Lauderdale. I looked forward to being on what was marketed as a historic arrival in Australian waters. I looked forward to the new "Set Sail Pass" that would allow me to go straight to my cabin where I would find keys that were the gateway to the ship. I arrived at the Port in my allotted time frame.to find a new dimension in lining to board a ship. I lined to get through passport inspection at the port gate. I lined to place my luggage in the hall. I then lined at the check in counter (wasn't "Set Sail Pass" supposed to eliminate this line?) behind hundreds of people without proper documentation. The final line was security inspection that went quite well. In all the process took two hours. While local volunteers did a great job controlling the crowds there was not enough staff to handle the process at ant check point. This was not a good start to a cruise on what I can only describe as a cramped ship after wonderful cruises on the Oases Class ships and with the organisation of a ports in the USA. Maybe Adelaide is not yet due for 21st Century cruise ships? The service staff did not seem up to the standard of RCCL and it appeared that many lacked even basic training. This was reflected in the long lines at the customer service desk that seemed to exist for the entire cruise. I had pre-booked my whole family on this ship in February 2017 and hope that they have sorted out some of the failings that plagued this maiden journey from Singapore.

A great ship, poorly managed.

Ovation of the Seas Cruise Review by jeremylawrance

In all the process took two hours.

Maybe Adelaide is not yet due for 21st Century cruise ships?

jeremylawrance’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Ovation of the Seas price drops

The Spa Junior suite was very well planned and fitted out. The combination of a separate toilet and bathroom was great and the bath tub with a separate rain shower was even better.
The balcony furniture was comfortable and functional.
This must be one of the best smaller suites afloat.
  Ovation of the Seas Deck Plans