• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Deals

Ovation of the Seas Review

Editor Rating
5 Awards

A great ship, poorly managed.

Review for Ovation of the Seas to Australia & New Zealand
jeremylawrance
10+ Cruises • Age 80s

Sail Date: Dec 2016
Cabin: Spa Junior Suite with Balcony
Here I am in RipCord!!!   WOW!

I chose this cruise to experience a brand new ship after thoroughly enjoying a week on the Allure of the Seas from Port Lauderdale. I looked forward to being on what was marketed as a historic arrival in Australian waters. I looked forward to the new "Set Sail Pass" that would allow me to go straight to my cabin where I would find keys that were the gateway to the ship.

I arrived at the Port in my allotted time frame.to find a new dimension in lining to board a ship. I lined to get through passport inspection at the port gate. I lined to place my luggage in the hall. I then lined at the check in counter (wasn't "Set Sail Pass" supposed to eliminate this line?) behind hundreds of people without proper documentation. The final line was security inspection that went quite well.

In all the process took two hours.

Spa Junior Suite with Balcony

Cabin SJ

The Spa Junior suite was very well planned and fitted out. The combination of a separate toilet and bathroom was great and the bath tub with a separate rain shower was even better.

The balcony furniture was comfortable and functional.

This must be one of the best smaller suites afloat.

Port Reviews

Hobart

It is a great pity that RCL did not arrange for the Mona Museum to open.

Hobart has very little to offer other than the Mona.

I contacted Mona and told them about the ship's visit. There reply was "we close on Tuesdays".

Hobart was closed!