• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

alicechristina
6-10 Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Dec 2016
Cabin:

have been on lots of cruises and this was so bad I cut it short and travelled back to the UK as I was so desperate to get away from the horrific experience, The cruise was a rip off and everything was geared towards getting as much money from you as possible No/little entertainment on board so we decided to play the daily bingo - no thanks it was buy 2 tickets and get 2 free at £40! Yes £40 for a game of bingo so gave that a miss and just wandered aimlessly about the ship with nothing to do. Husband decided to have a game of poker - £16 a hand so easily lost £100 in a couple of minutes once again could not afford to continue with that rip off activity, Trips were extortionate £112 for a ride into Rome when the train fare was only £13 return. No information on board the ship so we did not know what was going on - yes we understand that it is an Italian cruise line but could some things not have been told in English for the benefit of British customers?

The ship was rammed to bursting, nowhere to sit in the evening and the drinks package was £175 each everyone in the cabin had to have the package even though I do not drink alcohol so it was expensive for me for a couple of soft drinks and coffee. The food was disgusting, portion sizes small and took hours for the food to arrive. I am a vegan and even though I was guaranteed vegan food, the most imaginative they could come up with was a plate of grilled vegetables and cold undercooked chips again and again and again and again.......Never again will I go on a costa cruise be warned.

Port Reviews

Athens (Piraeus)

too ill to get off the boat

Naples

to ill to get off the ship

Find a Costa Luminosa Cruise from $1,299