Carnival Breeze Cruise Review

Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by MTW

• Sail Date: Dec 2016
  • Destination: the Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

I took this cruise along with some other friends. I traveled by myself so had to pay for 2. I have been on this boat before and didn't really like this boat so I decided to upgrade and pay for a room with a balcony to make the cruise better. I got a balcony room on the 6th level just above the entry to the casino. Mistake number one. This room filled up with smoke from the casino as soon as the cruise hits international waters. Not so good if you don't smoke. After a trip to guest services and 3 people coming to the room to confirm it smells like smoke and another trip to guest services, guest services said they would move me. They could upgrade me to another room but the room has had some noise issues. I asked to see the room, its midnight, second night on the boat. The room is larger nicer balcony and has clean air. I can breathe so this is a plus. Go to bed and at 6 am the staff moves the deck furniture around above my room, this sounds like finger nails on a chalk board in a microphone. At 7 am the room attendants come out of the side closet next to my room and bang up against the wall with the carts. I know these guys are hard working and doing their job so I can't really blame them, it is a poor choice of the layout of the room on the boat and its location. The room definitely needs some noise barriers. Port of calls were Key West, Freeport and Nassau. Key West is great but Carnival wants you back on the ship by 5pm just when Key West is coming alive with some good night vibes. Freeport is a sad little port of call. Very industrial and not much to do. Nassau is nice and should deserve a two day stay.

On Friday the return back to Galveston I eat breakfast in the dinning room and I don't even make it thru breakfast and get sick. Not motion sickness sick, Food poisoning sick. I spend my return home for the next 2 days sick in the bed with Chills, Fever and nauseated. Not how I planned my 2 days at sea for the leg home.

MTW's Full Rating Summary

Balcony
Cabin 8A 6363

Terrible Cabin. Fills up with smoke from Casino below. Tiny balcony.

City Tour

Bus ride around town. This is a sad little place. Very industrial.

View All 46 City Tour Reviews
Galveston

What can I say. I am from Houston and like Galveston.

Resort Day Pass

Nice pool area, Nice beach area, quite and laid back. Wait staff attentive but not hoovering over you. Had drinks and food all inclusive. Toes in the sand with a drink in my hand, it doesn't get much better.

View All 60 Resort Day Pass Reviews
Key West

Carnival should allow a longer stay here until at least midnight. Its a very nice place with lots to do.

MTW