3. Carnival Conquest
Choose this cruise because of the port s because we have never been to any of them, Being usually a Royal Caribbean cruiser I wanted to try something different. Flew from Indiana into Lauderdale and stayed the night at Ramada Oakland Park because of the great price.The transportation to the hotel was $10 but because they could not find us we were left to hail a cab there that cost us $40!! So much for the great room price! Hotel was clean and the outdoor pool and bar was beautiful. The next day they waived the $10 fee to the port because of the screw up. Had a boarding time of 11am and arrived about 12:30. Thank God we did because the line outside was tremendous! We were escorted to the front of the line which still was long and took forever, This was the worse embarkation I have ever experienced!! First was half moon cay which the ship had to skip because of the swells. That was disappointing, Our room was a balcony on Lido deck 9281, LOVED it! So close to everything and never heard any noise at all. Was so easy to go get breakfast and take it to the room to enjoy on the balcony. Our room steward was top notch and always kept our ice bucket full. I purchased the unlimited soda card but shouldnt have. They will not give you a can of soda! Only a cup with straw and ice. Next time I will know to carry on soda. I was told they are not allowed to. The room was clean and neat and well taken care of. My disappointment was in both ports Amber Cove and Grand Turk. The huge Carnival stores at each port were so fake to the island..It was like a giant outdoor mall and ruined the natural beauty of the islands. I imagine any natives there had to pay Carnival a hefty price to sell their wares there and that turned me off.I wont be back. Luckily at Grand Turk we reserved the poolside cabana for 4 of us . It was so hot out it was great to get away in the airconditioning and also have a phone to order drinks and food. We got the cabana closest to the beach so we could enjoy snorkeling. Snorkeled up near the ship and saw quite a bit of sea life. really enjoyed that. At Amber Cove again was the giant concrete mall like amusement park built by Carnival. Cannot wait to go back to St Martin or St Thomas and see a real island! We took the Coconut Cove beach break and enjoyed it. The ride there was long but got to see the real country even though it was so poor, at least it was real!! The surf was quite rough but the hurricane had just passed through so I imagine thats why. The guys working there were wonderful. Saw them interact with a group of girls taking them snorkeling and were so accomodating to everyone. Hda a few cocktails at the outside bar and all in all had fun. Food on the ship was ok. Typical ship food except Guys burgers was great. Im not a big burger person but it was so much better than any of the other offerings we ate them a LOT! I must say the entertainment shows were terrible! I could not believe it. The Motown show first of all had not one black singer and everyone was off key, Kind of like a grammer school choir singing motown ..we left. Tried the rock and roll show and I thought Prince was turning over in his grave the way they were ruining his misic..again we left. Maybe we are used to Royals shows and this is how Carnivals is?? I dont know. The band in the Atrium every night was OUTSTANDING! They should have been the show. We spent many nights there before and after dinner. Wish I could remember their name . Thats about it. We will not visit those islands again and am looking now to return to St Martin or St Thomas for some good snorkeling

Disappointed in Ports

karen&roy’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Conquest price drops

Balcony
Cabin 8E 9281
Wonderful cabin close to everything and no noise! Loved it..Now that we did a cabin on Lido deck I would always want this!!
Panorama Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins