3. Serenade of the Seas
My husband wanted to take a cruise and I only agreed if I could check Barbados off my Bucket List. We liked the various ports of call on this itinerary and booked it. We haven't cruised for several years. I had always wanted to try Royal Caribbean but I came out feeling they were good but not as good as their hype. I'm from the old school, and really did not see any Bargains as far as alcoholic beverage options were concerned. I did like the staff and had few complaints on their food. Granted, we got a pretty good deal price-wise for the cruise, but still felt like we overpaid on their beverages. The guests on board were wonderful, and I met quite a few frequent cruisers who were just like us...normal people. The difference was they just happen to spend most of their holidays cruising the world and being taken care of. One major disappointment, however, was that we were there also for my husband's birthday. The only "special" thing that was brought to our cabin was an onboard rebook special that was no longer being offered. We tried to go to the booking desk, anyway, and find out what options we had and the person there needed some lessons in customer service. She was straight and to the point advising there was nothing she could do, that it was a mistake. We left with a very sour taste in our mouths. I am pretty sure we will go to one of the other cruise lines when the next time rolls around.

One more place checked off my Bucket List

Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review by cdamman

cdamman’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Serenade of the Seas price drops

We had a balcony but it was small and in a position transitioning from staterooms to balcony rooms. It was still fine for two people and we were able to enjoy sitting out on it. Our cabin attendant, Rhonda, was wonderful though. We loved all her towel animals and she took great care of us.
  Serenade of the Seas Deck Plans

• Island Tour
    Our driver took us all over the island and gave us details of it's history with a few stops along the way. We had pre-arranged this tour through Travelocity who we booked the cruise through.
    View All 162 Island Tour Reviews
  • Island Tour
    Excellent tour which also included an optional stop for a couple hours at a local beach. The water was a bit rough for playing in, but other than that a refreshing stop after a warm day of touring.
    View All 217 Island Tour Reviews
  • Harrison's Cave
    This tour was JUST to Harrison's Cave which was awesome. However, in hind sight I wish we had a tour that covered more of the island. The tour guide at Harrison's Cave forgot we were waiting, however, so one of our group had to chase down another tour guide before we could get started. Other than that, it was very informative once we got rolling. Loved the tram.
    View All 81 Harrison's Cave Reviews
  • Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades)
    We flew into Miami on a night flight and took an Uber to Ft. Lauderdale. Our driver was cuban but at least spoke some english, and it was a very pleasant drive.
    View All 1,929 Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades) Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades) Cruise Port Review
  • Island Tour
    It was fun being on a train with tires. I wondered a couple times if it was going to make it up a hill or two, but all went well and we were given a great tour of the town and the vicinity. Only suggestion I would have is the tour guide should have had a microphone or speaker so we all could hear what she had to say.
    View All 52 Island Tour Reviews
  • Island Tour
    One of the bartenders was from St. Lucia and his father has a tour van. We went through him. He did a great job and covered all the sites, as well as a few extra stops to learn the culture of the island.
    View All 254 Island Tour Reviews