• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Excursions

Celebrity Solstice Review

Editor Rating
30 Awards

The problem of ports where passengers have to be tendered ashore

Review for Celebrity Solstice to Trans-Ocean
candymike
2-5 Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Oct 2016
Cabin: Deluxe Veranda 2A

We chose this back to back cruise because we had never been to Australia or New Zealand before and it was my husband's retirement year so we now had the opportunity.

We firstly travelled to Dubai where we spent two nights and then Singapore where we also spent two nights before embarkation. The embarkation took hours and I began to wonder how it would be getting on and off at the ports later on!

The ship was fine, lots of space in our cabin which was 8260, and we were well looked after by Michael our steward. There were many opportunities for entertainment which was important as we had quite a few 'sea' days. However, I should have liked less 'selling' activities. The shows were especially good. The gym was excellent but I couldn't find any wrist or ankle weights. The pool areas were also excellent and people seemed to love the solarium especially.

Deluxe Veranda 2A

Cabin 2A

Not sure about out cabin category number. Cabin was fine although beginning to show signs of wear and tear with regard to carpet and sofa mainly.

2 Helpful Votes