3. Nieuw Amsterdam
I loved all of the port excursions, dining, the cabin we had (a room on the verandah),and the service was amazing. The only thing that I have a complaint about is the activities. I have a 10 year old girl and she didn't really like Club HAL, the kids club onboard. So we tried to find activities that would be suitable for all of us to go to. But there was hardly anything on the daily schedule that was either entertaining or interesting to all age groups. Most of the activities seemed to cater seniors only. But overall our trip was good and we enjoyed it. The places we liked most were the Explorations Café and the Showroom at Sea. I would recommend this for people who would like to go on a cruise for relaxation and not for the fun and parties. This may not be cruise for you if you have kids who like to do more than just play trivia.

Good Sail, Less Entertainment

Ages 10 to 12
Get Holland America Nieuw Amsterdam price drops

Deluxe Ocean-View Verandah Stateroom
Cabin V
It was big enough for our family of 3 and the service was very nice. Every night when we went to the show, the cleaning people would come and make our room neat and organized. My family loved our cabin.
Upper Verandah Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins