3. Norwegian Jade
I have been to the Eastern Caribbean multiple times so wanted to travel to Mexico and Central America. I am a history major so was very interested in seeing the Mayan ruins. I took a flight from RI to Tampa, landed and took a taxi from the airport to the cruise terminal. At the airport go to the taxi stand and tell them where you are going. The taxi costs $25 for the ride for up to 4 guests. Quite the bargain. Make sure you print your room tags and have them attached to your luggage because they took if from me right when I exited the taxi. What a relief. The Jade is a great ship; not too big, not too small. It is very easy to get around. Embarkation was a breeze. After you check in they will give you a colored paper with your boarding order. Yes, guest who have cruised with NCL many times or have a Haven suite do get to board first but those are loyalty perks. Once on board there is the typical lunch fare served in dining rooms and the Buffet. Our rooms were ready by 1 pm and my bag was already delivered when I went to my room. I took (3) Shore Excursions: Mayan ruins in Costa Maya-fantastic. A 1 hour drive to the ruins. Very informative and cultural. Dolphin swim in Cozumel- worth every penny Gumbalimba Preserve in Roatan Honduras- loved the monkeys The food was good in the Buffet, great in the restaurants. All included restaurants were great. Cagneys and Moderno are extras but were great as well. The only complaint is sounds in my room. I was on the 11th floor in 11186 directly below the basketball court via the food court. You could hear bouncing from morning until night. Could not take a nap as the reverberations were constant. If there was a game, forget it, run, run, jump, land. What I will say is the hotel staff were excellent. I complained about early morning and late night bouncing and they stopped it immediately. They also sent me chocolate covered strawberry's. Very nice of them. Disembarkation was great as well. This was probably the easiest disembarkation I have ever experienced. Customs is a bit of a pain because there are so many people so the line was long.

Western Caribbean NCL Cruise

Norwegian Jade Cruise Review by mariedwest

• Sail Date: December 2016
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Aft-Facing Mini-Suite with Balcony

I took (3) Shore Excursions:

Dolphin swim in Cozumel- worth every penny

Gumbalimba Preserve in Roatan Honduras- loved the monkeys

mariedwest’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Jade price drops

Aft-Facing Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin M1 11186
Unfortunately, this cabin is under the basketball court one floor above the buffet at the very back of the ship. You could hear bouncing from morning until night. Could not take a nap as the reverberations were constant. If there was a game, forget it, run, run, jump, land. What I will say is the hotel staff were excellent. I complained about early morning and late night bouncing and they stopped it immediately. They also sent me chocolate covered strawberry's. Very nice of them.
Deck 11 Inside Cabins, Suite Cabins