3. Grand Celebration
memorable and enjoyable place to vacation. It looked like a poor third world country. We refused to even get off the cart and had it take us right back to where we came from. We ended up walking down to the Hilton and having a few drinks at the outdoor bar until we were able to go back to the ship. The food provided in the “cafeteria” was embarrassing. All everyone kept telling me was how much I would love the food and the variety of items offered. Every time we went to the buffet the food looked like it was frozen, processed and reheated. We ate each meal at the outdoor grill where we could watch it be prepared or in the Prime restaurant. To add insult to injury when we finally made it back and were ready to de-board the next day we were told that we had to go back to the service desk as there was a “hold on our release”. I got upstairs to the service desk and was advised that my card was declined for $86 worth of incurred charges, that even included FUEL for the boat… I can’t even begin to understand how you would have the audacity to charge each passenger for fueling the boat but nonetheless I called my card company and was advised that there was a fraud protection hold that was on my card for a suspicious charge. Come to find out it was the drinks at the Hilton bar in Bimini but because it was in another country they took security measures. I advised the charge was authorized and was told the hold would be released in 24 hours. I relayed this to your customer service representative who then stated that I would be held on the boat until the balance was paid. After I explained to him that that was unlawful imprisonment, I asked to speak with a supervisor. I was first told there was not one available and when I insisted I was asked to wait. In my HOUR LONG wait for a supervisor I overheard dozens of passengers who had issues with credit card authorizations, one young lady had actually been asked to come the night before because they could not read the imprint on her card, she supplied it again on a new authorization form and THEY LOST IT!!!! Needless to say, after listening to complaint after complaint after complaint about charges I never actually saw a supervisor. The same gentleman kept telling me that “she” was on her way and when I started reiterating that I had a flight to catch he understood the importance of them moving expeditiously. However, I never spoke with a supervisor. I was told to wait for another half hour and then asked to sign a promissory note BY THE SAME GENTLEMAN WHO TOLD ME TO WAIT for the remaining balance (which I could have done from the very beginning when I advised they could run the card again in the morning as they had all the necessary information) After an hour and a half of waiting we were released to get off the boat but immediately heard an announcement that the customs area was full and they were asking people not to de-board until they could get caught up. We waited another 30 minutes before we were allowed to proceed off the boat and spent 2 hours in the customs area. Not only did I miss my flight but I missed a second flight home and we were not able to leave Florida until 8pm that evening (from a 10:40am flight). I spent my entire birthday sitting in customs and then sitting in an airport. My fiancée made dinner plans for the family that evening as my flight would have put me home at 2pm and the guest of honor was unable to attend as she was stranded in Florida, though we had family travel from out of state to celebrate with me. I have never been more disgusted with a company in my entire life. The professionalism, the un-organization, the blatant disregard for your passengers time, when offering such a poor experience is mind blowing.

The absolute worst experience ever

Grand Celebration Cruise Review by sgrimstead