3. Serenade of the Seas
We chose this trip for the many island stops, some of which we've never visited. The ship seemed just fine for our needs. It's disappointing how many people talked about how old this ship is, or that they didn't like the activities, entertainment or food. Honestly, it was fine for us, but in general it seems all ships/cruise lines are going down hill in food quality, service and offerings (that are included). Now, to get anything special, it's all extra, extra, extra. I'd like to see a few things. One is the crew not allowing people to save lounge chairs by the pool. It was posted in signs, but no one enforced it. Large groups of chairs were saved for a couple of hours without people in them. It's so discourteous of people to do this. Two, it would be nice to have a spa service and/or a spa/fitness seminar without feeling like we are being asked to buy a product. After a couple of seminars, I didn't even want to go to anymore as it's one huge selling scheme. Lastly, we did have some great waiters and service in the dining room, but some just weren't up to par with how to serve, timing, and personality. We tried the My Time dining for the first time, and loved the flexibility, and we met a lot of nice people, but I missed the consistency of one waiter/assistant waiter team that we got to know, etc. Not sure I'll do the My Time again. We had an inside cabin on Deck 3 this time. Quiet and great location in the back of the ship as just one deck down was where we'd get off boat for islands.

Good island stops, but kept hearing that this ship wasn't the best

Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review by Wingedangel111

Wingedangel111’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Serenade of the Seas price drops

• Kayaking
    Boat trip, kayaking and some beach, snorkel time. It was rougher waters than we expected. Very pretty scenery and great beer that we could purchase on the beach.
  • Snorkeling
    Two snorkel stops, but with wind the water was not very clear. The boat we were on was called the Arusun. It's a little old, but they did offer endless cocktails and other drinks as well as fresh fruit and tuna/chicken salad wraps.
    View All 163 Snorkeling Reviews
  • Scuba Diving
    Great diving sites; the dive masters explained things well. They offered us fresh fruit in-between the dives also.
    View All 8 Scuba Diving Reviews
  • Island Tour
    We booked Allan for a private tour with just three of us. He took us to the falls, told us about the history of the island; showed us plants; took us to the rum factory as well as the fort (we didn't go in though) and lastly a fantastic beach to lay out and swim for about an hour - had a bucket of local beer we purchased which made a great ending to a wonderful tour.
    View All 52 Island Tour Reviews
  • Ziplining
    Great 1.5-2 hr catamaran boat ride to zip lining plus a creole buffet for lunch that was awesome. Visited French plantation and listened to some history on tour too.
    View All 30 Ziplining Reviews