Allure of the Seas Cruise Review

Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by jekurzyn1

• Sail Date: Dec 2016
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony

I had never been on a cruise before and was invited to go on this cruise with friends. It was awesome!! So much variety in events and food. My friends were Star Class and had a private suite with balcony so I was very fortunate to get in with them for their dinners, drinks, and events, thanks to their awesome concierge. If I had known about the all inclusiveness of star class I would have paid for it. You get nickled and dimed for everything else if you don't.

I had an awesome ocean view stateroom with my own balcony. It was super nice to to leave it open when sleeping and sneak out naked in the cool night! My cabin steward was friendly and creative. I had to rush to get my suit jacket pressed and he made sure it was pressed the same day with very short notice. He also was a skilled towel sculptor! I walked in one evening and for turn down service he make a monkey hanging from the wall!

The food options were amazing. Because my friends were star class we ate mostly in the premium places which were all incredible! We ate in the main hall once for breakfast, I think it was the Windjammer on 15, and it was ok. Typical buffet. Johnny Rockets was a good deal. All you can eat for $6.50 cover.

Entertainment was incredible. Go see Mamma Mia! Our butler got us front row seats and other preferred and reserved seats without having to wait in line. I even got to meet part of the cast on deck 17 while we were going to a cabana. Super friendly and nice.

Visited the spa and the services were fantastic though they pressure you into buying premo expensive products that in many cases were just as expensive if not more so than the spa services themselves.

Checking in was a pain because the lines were so long. Communication about departure was hit or miss and confusing. Pay attention to your paperwork and the pamphlets on your bed!!

Overall, an awesome experience, though pricey.

jekurzyn1's Full Rating Summary

Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony
Cabin D8 10592

Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades)

Boarding line was LONG

Catamaran

Snorkeling and catamaran was fun! Cheap !

View All 50 Catamaran Reviews
Snorkeling

Snorkeling and catamaran was fun! Cheap !

View All 255 Snorkeling Reviews
Catamaran tour

awesome boat!

View All 151 Catamaran tour Reviews
Beach

so much fun!! hammocks, drinks, shopping, beach

Snorkeling

40 min snorkel! free booze! saw barracuda! got stung by jelly fish but they were super small

View All 485 Snorkeling Reviews