3. Norwegian Epic
If I were looking to relax for 7 days on a mega ship and enjoy my cabin- this would have been an excellent cruise. However, my intent was to have a festive vacation and enjoy the all of the activities that the ship had to offer- in the event that weather didn't permit many outdoor activities. I was initially impressed with the Muster Drill process since it was done inside the ship and was by far the most comfortable experience I have had on any cruise line. This was my first cruise on NCL and I chose this line for it's studio cabins. The cabin was very swanky and I found the layout to be functional for a solo traveler. Even the toiletries were of good quality. The cabins were in their own private corridor of the ship which felt private and safe for a person traveling alone. The studio lounge was a quite haven with flat screen TV's, pastries and a self-serve cappuccino machine. There was a small bar which was tended only during specific hours. I found the Epic to be impressively decorated and stylish in all of the public areas. The ship itself was very large and logistically tricky to get around. The best way to get to the main areas, was to go through the smoky casino which was always very congested. The center of the casino opened with the main dining room below which meant that the smoke traveled freely to those dining below. I enjoyed the Beetles, Burn The Floor show and the Pricilla Drag Queen Show. The best band for me was the Siglo group that played cover tunes in the Cavern intimate club. I enjoyed having pub food and appetizers like buffalo wings and fish & chips in O'Sheehans pub since they had extended hours. The bowling alley was nice however there was a cover charge to bowl. Seven days is just way to long to only have game show trivia, Sudoku, bingo, Wii Dancing, Mandarin classes, Name that Tune, etc. ...what was most disappointing is that all of these activities took place DAILY in the main atrium of the ship. I would have enjoyed having live festive music throughout the ship as opposed to lounge music, where singers repeated the same songs. I was informed that the Bliss Nightclub is typically an awesome venue on the ship however it was reserved for the entire week for a Poker Tournament... All disco dancing was therefore taking place each night on the pool deck which was not ideal on this windy 70-78 degree voyage. Overall, this was by far my most relaxing cruise because for 7 days, I used the fitness center and my beverage package then returned to my cabin most nights. I would not recommend this cruise for someone looking to have a "fun" vacation. Three days would have been plenty for me on this ship.

If you Love Puzzles and Trivia---This Cruise is for YOU!!!

Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by fab5forty