3. Ruby Princess
I found out a few weeks before departure that Princess Cruises was going to launch the "Club Class Dining" on this particular cruise to Mexico. In my prior experience with Princess I had felt that the main dining service was the weakest point in the overall cruise experience. That is, service in the main dining areas was less than what I had experienced on other cruise lines and was frustratingly inconsistent whether I dined during preset time or anytime dining. It wasn't a deal breaker because the ship offered so many other options for dining such as the premium restaurants or pop-ups like (Crab Shack or Gastropub) that during a 7-day cruise I could find something else. So, the "Club Class Dining" was something that might have me dining in the main dining room again. I'm here to relay that the "Club Class Dining" was one of my best experiences on this cruise. The dining area for "Club Class Dining" was an area on the starboard side of the Da Vinci dining room. There was a separate entrance with a wonderful hostess that knew your name after the first time you dined with them. The "Club Class Dining" is an anytime dining area, but most of the people using this area seem to dine around the same time every evening and even for lunch. What happened is other that some tables right next to the windows everyone seemed to gravitate to the same table every time they dined. Also, the waiters and assistant waiters serviced the same tables every meal and got to know each diner and their preferences for drinks and pace of the meal. Simply put, the experience was like going back in time to period where the ships were much smaller and the dining staff knew you by the 2nd day. I really enjoyed the experience and talking with the head waiter who would prepare certain dishes right in the dining area. This is something that I will look to using again on future cruises because it reminds me of my first cruise in the early 1990's and how the dining experience was so much a highlight of the overall cruising experience. My cabin a Penthouse Suite (S4) was very nice. The bed was comfortable and plush. The room was quiet except during the late afternoons and early evenings when there was lots of chair shuffling going on on the deck above. During the late evenings it was dead quiet. The experience of a Suite offers some nice amenities like free laundry, a mini-bar set-up and some take-home amenities (gift bag, shoe bag, etc.). What I enjoyed was the expanded in-suite breakfast room service complete with table clothes. A couple of mornings I had early departure times for excursions and being able to order a complete breakfast delivered to the room made those early meeting times seem less rushed. Plus, the delivery was accompanied by someone who would setup the meal on either the in-room coffee table or on the balcony's table with a table cloth and lay out the dishes of the breakfast. On those days I chose to have a breakfast outside of the suite I had a choice of using the Crown Grill for breakfast of the "Club Class Dining" area. Plus, the suites have full room service on disembarkation day. The Ruby Princess stopped in Puerto Vallarta then Mazatlan and finally Cabo San Lucas. I booked excursions at all three stops with an emphasis on spending time on the water or beach. I chose "Las Caletas Beach Hideaway" in Puerto Vallarta. This is a wonderful place to go to enjoy the ocean. The catamaran ride out the beach is a great chance to view the city of Puerto Vallarta and the islets nearby. The boat ride back is a lot of fun with the crew putting on a show. The resort offers a full lunch buffet and drinks and the resort has many water activities to enjoy. I've been here before and I will go back again as the excursion checks off most of my to-do items in this area. Mazatlan's Stone Island excursion is similar to the Puerto Vallarta's with a much bigger and sandier beach. This time around the Mazatlan beach had a stingray and jellyfish alert. Didn't see of those, but the water didn't feel as warm as I remembered from previous visits in December. Neither place is very good for snorkeling as the turbidity (clearness) of the water was too high to see more than about 5 feet. Did see a stringray and 2 fish while swimming in Puerto Vallarta. Otherwise, the waters were devoid of sea life. My excursion in Cabo San Lucas was the "Luxury Sail Boat Tour" which was by all accounts Excellent ! ! !. There wasn't enough wind to propel the sail boat via the sails, so we motored from place to place but that was really not a problem. The sail boat was well maintained and the service on-board was outstanding in providing drinks, appetizers, lunch and just helping enjoy the experience. We dropped anchor in Santa Maria cove to allow those on board to do some snorkeling or paddle boarding. Santa Maria is a great place to snorkel with large schools of various fish and very good water quality to see everything. They served lunch while anchored and after awhile set sail/motor back to Cabo. I loved this excursion, the people, the small size of the group (

First time in Full-Suite Cabin and very first cruise with Club Class Dining

kzVegas’s Full Rating Summary
Get Ruby Princess price drops

Penthouse Suite with Balcony
Cabin S4 R408
Big cabin with a few minor issues. My first time in a full-suite cabin on a cruise. I really enjoyed the expanded bathroom with the distinct rooms with a large whirlpool tub and shower and the other room with toilet and sink. Plenty of AC sockets in living area and bedroom area for charging iPad, camera, computer and etc. The room was quiet during the hours that counted and visually looked nice with the colors chosen to decorate and the veneers used in the wood trim. My only complaint with the room was burnt out lights and one arm of the sofa broke off one day. I called the guest relations number and they sent people up within 2 hours to fix. But the experience dulls the "Luxury" feeling of being in the top-tier cabins on a cruise.
Riviera Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins