Insignia Cruise Review

First time, definitely won't be the last

Insignia Cruise Review by po14463

• Sail Date: Sep 2016
  • Destination: South America

We had sailed HAL for years, and unfortunately our experiences with food and the ship's conditions were steadily declining. We decided to try Oceania, and that was not without some concern based on the reviews and only 59% of people saying they would sail Oceania again.

Our experience was terrific and we are already booked with them again. The cabins are comfortable (and we were in an inside cabin!). The toiletries are nice. The bed, linens and towels were top notch.

The staff - I mean all of them - are amazing. Within 1 - 2 days many of them knew our names, even when they had not directly interacted with us. Restaurant servers quickly remembered your preferences for water, coffee, wine, you name it.

The food was outstanding. There was an occasion misstep - quickly and calmly corrected. The quality of the food never wavered. Special requests were welcome and always met.

Entertainment is the weakest link, but that is not to say it was a big deal, or that I have had better experiences on other cruises as I have not.. The production staff is talented and friendly, interacting with the passengers during the day and after the shows. The other guest entertainment was a mixed bag, some good and some bad, but even over 73 days I never felt that was an issue. There are enough activities to keep you busy during the day. The ship's orchestra is amazing.

The excursions were mixed bag, the biggest challenge being that the descriptions did not match the experience. Some had much more shopping than disclosed and that is not why I travel, while others were labeled as strenuous but were not and I missed out on some great journeys.

Would I go again - EMPHATICALLY YES!

po14463's Full Rating Summary