3. Radiance of the Seas
We chose this cruise so we could visit Australia and New Zealand in the one trip. From the moment we stepped on board yes just through the doors it was sell, sell, sell. Please let people board and get their bearings if you want to book a meal in one of the restaurants or in the Spa it's quite easy it doesn't need to be constantly in your face on boarding as they are still doing it every day of the cruise. We had constant problems with the key cards not working in the cabin door and the safe in the room wouldn't lock and had to be fixed twice. The room was very tired looking especially the sofa which we never used as it actually looked dirty I think it was just old. The shower curtain looked old and had a pink hue to it as if it needed a good clean I would like to think these are cleaned after every cabin change but it didn't look that way. Also the towels were changed as often as you wanted but were very thin and often frayed around the edges. There are 2 fantastic pool tables on board that move as you play but keeps the table straight but there were only 2 cues for 2 tables and one of the ends kept coming off one of them. My husband and several other people complained and kept being told new ones would come at the next port but never did. They ship still held pool competitions and half way through the cruise it was down to one cue my husband went to customer services to complain and still no other cues were provided by the end of the cruise. The windjammer food was fine and plenty choice but breakfast and lunchtime was terrible trying to get a seat and then only one of you would have to go for something to eat while the other kept the table. A few times we sat in the dining place just after the windjammer I think it's called Rita's cantina but it's very dirty on the floors and window ledges and the chairs are all stained which doesn't look nice and the tables are never cleared. This is not the staffs fault there just is not enough of them to keep it all clear however hard they work. Also when tables are cleaned there is no spray used and the same cloth is used over and over this seems to counter act the fact we all have to use wipes to clean our hands on the way in, well most of us as we did see people refusing the wipes and being let away with it! Unfortunately we ran into a storm and could not visit the Milford Sounds and 4 other places in New Zealand which was very disappointing I know this was no ones fault but Mother Nature but we were then stuck on the boat for 4 days with not a lot of information being given as to where we were going and for 12 hours we were cruising with no where to go waiting of head office telling the captain where we were going to be able to visit. The ports we did visit 2 in New Zealand and Newcastle in Australia certainly did not make up for the ones we missed. Shame on you Royal Caribbean not even a sorry or maybe slightly cheaper trips off the boat as a goodwill gesture. Be wary when spending a lot of money on a day trip as all but 1 of the trips we went on were not organised very well as when you got off the bus it wasn't clear wether we waited for someone to take us or went ourselves and then when it was all made clear we were rushed around everywhere there was never enough time to look at everything you were supposed to. The trips actually felt like a rip off the time you were in places it was all rush rush no time for a coffe in places just back on the bus. The entertainment on ship was not the best especially the comedians the 2 different comedians we went to watch were so bad lots of people walked out something I am not proud of doing but they really were that bad. Also the centrum in this ship is far too small you could never get a seat when there was entertainment on and when you did everybody would hover waiting to get in to the seat which didn't make it a pleasant experience. The sun beds on the boat were tied together so getting on and off was hard work especially watching older people trying to do it as you had to climb on from the bottom as there was no room between the beds so you really were up close and personal to your fellow traveller! This was supposed to be the holiday of a lifetime for me and my husband and we will probably never get to visit Australia/New Zealand again but so much was not good on this cruise (the weather I know is not Royal Caribbeans fault) if we could go back we certainly would not use this company again.

Very disappointing cruise

Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review by Lisa F Cumbria

Lisa F Cumbria’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Radiance of the Seas price drops

The cabin was always kept spotless and Kurve our cabin attendant was brilliant. This room also had a larger balcony than a lot on the same floor.
  Radiance of the Seas Deck Plans