3. Norwegian Epic
Having never sailed on the Epic before I was quite a bit worried reading all the November reviews that seemed overall negative. I can let you know we were very impressed! This is a bit of a departure from the freestyle cruising with NCL that we are used to. You do need to make some reservations or risk being disappointed when you don't get into the show or have the seat location that you want. Thankfully my wife booked what we wanted to see in advance and prepaid everything. This was also different from in the past and we will prepay everything in the future. It eliminates the small surcharges that always seem to add up during the cruise and put a damper on things. This time we walked off the cruise with only the following expenses: dinner, cruise next deposit, some gift shop purchases, and a bottle of wine that we enjoyed. We stayed in a balcony cabin on the 13th deck, mid ship. With so much to do we barely stayed out there. This is quite different from previous cruises where we congregate on the balcony for hours a day, reading, relaxing, and viewing the passing water... With so much going on the Epic we always found something to do. One of my favorite things is to be served breakfast in the main dining room as we recap the previous days activities and plan our current day. This never happened because the food in the buffet was so delicious. I have never wanted to go to the buffet more so than on this cruise. We also indulged in Cagney's (worth EVERY penny of the $60 we paid) one night, Shanghai, and once in The Manhattan Room, otherwise you could find us at the buffet. We have been to all the ports before and chose to do some different excursions. More sight seeing than activity as in the past. This was a fun departure from the norm and lead to a relaxing experience. We did swim with the stingrays in Cozumel and of course snorkeled all day before laying out on the beach at Great Stirup Cay. I'm not sure why there seems to be a rash of negative reviews. You do have to do a little more planning, there are a lot more people on board which means you have to arrive early, and when the weather is not ideal outside the inside activities become slammed! Other than that we were still able to do everything we wanted to do this cruise. Yes the elevators are crowded and sometimes you have to wait one or two cycles to find an empty one. We both are able to take the stairs so that is what we did when we could. Not always ideal but sometimes just walking up or down a flight of stairs can improve your chances of getting in the elevator. Large groups should be prepared to be split up though and meet at their location. Service was excellence. We did notice a lot more of the officers (I assume as they were in the white coats) not as friendly as in the past. Our room staff (Putu) was amazing and while we are not high maintenance, he knew our names and we always had a short chat as we passed each other. At first I didn't think I would like the big ship, then as the excitement built and I was reading Cruise Critic I saw the negative reviews and this began to confirm my initial impression. Not one to let the situation dictate my enjoyment level, I hit the bar on the first day and made the cruise what I wanted it to be. Not only did I enjoy the larger crowds, they made everything else more enjoyable. Howl and the Moon would have been a bore had it not been for the 100 plus that filled it and sang along each night. I have been on many other cruises that have 20-30 people in the bar after dinner and within an hour there are only 5. So yes the crowds were not always ideal, but they increased the excitement of the events. We enjoyed this cruise and ship so much that we have already booked our next sailing on the same ship. Knowing what we now know will only make the next time easier!

Supership worries put to ease!

Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by Dei3Nascar8

Dei3Nascar8’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Epic price drops

Balcony
Cabin BF 13193
It was tight but ample space to unpack all your items. I suggest not trying to live out of your suitcase for the week. No issue with the TV not swiveling as other have mentioned. Yes you hear more bathroom noises than normal, we just turned up the TV louder, lol. Trying to think of the other issues people complained about that I didn't find troublesome. Our vanity mirror had some issue in the bottom corners and probably needed replacing but it is a cruise ship in the ocean and there is going to be more wear and tear on delicate items anyway.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins