Emerald Princess Cruise Review
1,737 Reviews

First time with Princess...probably the last.

Emerald Princess Cruise Review by Kitsteps

• Sail Date: Dec 2016
  • Destination: Australia & New Zealand
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

Our best friends were offered a great deal and asked if we would join them. We did, as too did another of our friends...we all booked on Aloha Deck, mid ship Portside. We have all cruised before, My wife and I, seven cruises with APT, P&O AUS, P&O Europe, CTC and Norwegian plus self drive and coach tours of USA,NZ, Tasmania, Fiji UK Europe. I have a partial disability after a broken neck, other spinal problems, balance, knee and shoulder problems and at times use a walking stick. Everything was great until the WALK from Sydney domestic to International to meet the shuttle. asking for some assistance I was ignored. Arriving at the dock, Yippee I was 'Forced' into a wheel chair where a lovely attended got us straight to our cabin. From here things deteriorated. I would estimate about half the passengers were Asian and I was pushed in and out of elevators, being tripped and falling, knocked over on stairs, shoved aside at the buffet, people going the wrong way, children pulling food out with their hands and replacing it if they did not like it, running around everywhere even in the dining areas, climbing over and on tables and chairs Throwing half eaten food and plates in The Davinchy ding room. There was an influx of flies at sea and staff closed doors to the outer decks from the dining areas...did this worry them? 'no' they pulled the barricades away and then left the doors open...I am sure they could not read English directions. Coughing and sneezing was rife...I and my friend are now suffering from an exceptionally bad chest, throat and ear infection, as well as a couple of others we have been in contact with.

The cabin (except for the Tiny shower), cabin staff and crew were really great.....we did feel the cruise was excessively expensive in many ways. We would still rate the Norwegian Star as the best we have cruised.

Kitsteps's Full Rating Summary

Balcony
Cabin BD 641

As above...very good except for the shower. I am not overly big but do have some mobility problems and found it awkward. Our cabin attendant, Jovito a young fellow who was most charming and pleasant, who gave his all....from the very first moment of meeting he remembered our names and was there when and if needed. In all our travels we have opted for a balcony cabin and never been disappointed. As noted in the beginning the only criticism was the size of the shower recess.

Kitsteps