3. Norwegian Epic
I wanted to LOVE this cruise for so many reasons, and we did.... with the exception of the staff who were GRUMPY the entire time we were there for our "Happy Vacation!" Positive- *Check-in was a breeze *Ship is perfect for families- The Family Balcony room had great storage for a family of 4. *The slides, entertainment and Splash Academy were all fantastic. -Dueling piano Bars were Great! Negative- The STAFF! I barely saw a smile throughout the whole ship for any days that we were there! *Super long lines at the pool bar, with unfriendly bartenders. *If you were not standing in a certain "station" at the bar, they would not serve you, even if they weren't helping someone. *In 7 days, only two people actually asked us if we wanted a drink. (Not smiling) *The food was "okay." *Our room attendant barely said hello *I would say "good morning" without a response from team members! *It wasn't a surprise to walk by someone and not be greeted. 6 nights of dinners, and we only had ONE outstanding waiter. That was Alfredo at Taste! Additionally, the ONLY friendly bartender I found was Aarron V! He was the only one I saw smiling the whole week and would go back to his line because I knew he would happily take care of us. No one else would. I honestly feel that Aaron and Alfredo should be placed on better staff, because the rest of the team is bringing them down. At the end of the day, this could be an absolute AMAZING ship if they started with a brand new staff. If they had the same team as Royal Caribbean, we would go on this ship over and over and over, but unfortunately, I don't ever want to spend 7 days of my vacation with a whole bunch of grumpy people again! This would be a great place for families, if your truly don't care about the service- but if you do, I'd choose far, far, far away from Epic!

Great Ship. Horrible Staff!

Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by jessarnie

Positive-

*Check-in was a breeze

*The slides, entertainment and Splash Academy were all fantastic.

-Dueling piano Bars were Great!

Negative-

*Super long lines at the pool bar, with unfriendly bartenders.

*The food was "okay."

*Our room attendant barely said hello

*I would say "good morning" without a response from team members!

*It wasn't a surprise to walk by someone and not be greeted.

jessarnie’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 7 to 9
Ages 10 to 12
Get Norwegian Epic price drops

Family Balcony
Cabin B3 14085
Family Balcony was spacious and our kids loved the bunk bed! There was more storage compared to other cruises. I liked the set up where the sink, toilet and shower were all separate so we could all get ready at the same time.
Deck 14 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins