3. Carnival Inspiration
I chose Carnival for the price, finally receiving a special that allegedly included all the port, taxes, and any "air filter disposal fee" kind of bs nickel-and-dime hidden costs. For the most part, that was correct. THE LIST OF THINGS I LIKED is probably enough to get you onboard: considering the amount of eating and drinking, the cleanliness was surprisingly exceptional, so much so that I stopped myself from putting empty glasses in random places. the crew seemed out-of-their-way helpful and friendly. The cabin window was much bigger than I expected, the shower had good pressure, heat, and height adjustment, and having a cabin light in the headboard is pretty smart. The variety of places to drink (Atrium Bar, Casino Bar, Alchemy Bar, pool bars, etc.) suited me. The Cheers program was a good value. And 24-hour ice cream and pizza is never a bad thing. THE LIST OF THINGS I DIDN'T LIKE. NOISE & NO WIFI. 1. The parents let their kids run down the halls all day and all night, banging the floor like constant drums, making it impossible to relax and sleep. It woke us every morning by 7am. 2. No wi-fi, even if you pay extra for it, as I did. If you are wifi dependent, make sure you bring reading materials, games, etc. Our phones didn't work either, so bring walkie-talkies. Other minor stuff: 3. AFTER taking my money, I learned in the small print that Carnival reserves the right to a) charge passengers for gasoline, and fees related to dockage, wharfage, inspection, pilotage, immigration, IRS, navigation, berthing, storage, security, customs, etc, 4. You can't sail until you sign a contract that allows Carnival to disclose our personal or sensitive date to unaffiliated third parties- UNACCEPTABLE. 5. The casino and casino bar allow smoking. 6. Guest services. Over 50% of the time I couldn't understand them (almost the whole crew learned English as a second or third language) and 25% they didn't have basic information we requested. 7. Nobody warned me of the boring, long, disorganized safety seminar thing, which is a horrible way to begin a trip, as unavoidable as it is unnecessary. Nor did they warn me how horrible it is getting off the boat, a horrible way to end a trip. 8. One plug. I'd do another cruise only if it was adults only.

First and Last Cruise

Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review by glen8p

• Sail Date: December 2016
  • Destination: Mexican Riviera
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View

THE LIST OF THINGS I DIDN'T LIKE. NOISE & NO WIFI.

Other minor stuff:

5. The casino and casino bar allow smoking.

8. One plug.

I'd do another cruise only if it was adults only.
glen8p’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Inspiration price drops

Ocean View
Cabin 6E M86
With the kids running down the hall, banging the floor like jungle drums, and people loitering in the halls talking, getting a good night sleep was not possible. But I liked the shower pressure, shower heat, and shower adjustment. No heater, so we were freezing. Window was bigger than I expected. Bed was fine. Liked the cabin light (main and individual) in the headboard. Only one plug :(
Empress Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins