3. MSC Splendida
When researching for an European cruise for Christmas holidays we came across this which was of quite low tariff. Having sailed in semi-luxury cruises before we were somewhat concerned about this cruise because of relatively low charges. Negative reviews certainly did not help our anxieties. Yet we decided to go on the cruise which proved we made the right choice. The ship has a nice decor and appears grand. I do not rate the food in the cruise as extraordinary and if food is your primary priority do not use this cruise. Best would be not to go in any cruise, or even any holiday and spend that money in lavish restaurants in your own city. As with any holiday there were few minor disappointments but they did not affect us. The service we received was generally good, yet we thought crew was not that friendly. They work incredibly hard though. I believe the massive workload and relatively low wages would make them somewhat frustrated. There were not many restaurants in the ship, which was OK by me. The buffet restaurants were open almost 20 hours a day and tea, coffee and water were available 24 hours a day. There were many drink packages to select depending on one’s needs. We used only one shore excursion, Rome and Vatican, which I thought was good but somewhat rushed. Other facilities and activities in the ship are generally OK. I think not having a captains announcement every morning would be a disappointment, but daily newsletter may serve the purpose. If you want a decent holiday and want value for money, this would be one of the options to consider.

Do not be put off by bad reviews.

MSC Splendida Cruise Review by JagDeeAb

Ages 10 to 12
Get MSC Splendida price drops

Balcony Stateroom – Aurea
Cabin B3 10069
Spacious cabin. King sized comfy bed. Sofa bed is wide enough for even three kids , but not comfortable as it was not long enough for my eldest daughter. Two massive mirrors were definitely plus points. Sky news is the only English channel in the TV, but one does not go on a holiday to glue in front of the TV.

Bathroom is small , yet enough for the purpose. Has a small shower cubicle, sink, WC, Towel rack and another rack to store your bits and pieces. Ample amount of shower gel and shampoo.

Little less space in the wardrobe for all 4 of us, yet belongings of my wife, and two daughters would not fit any wardrobe! Another plus was the safe. Hair drier was in a drawer in dressing table. Telephone with speed dial facilities.

There were life jackets for everyone. Younger children need a special jacket which needs to be signed for. Fresh towels and pool towels are provided daily free of charge. Beds made up twice a day along with twice daily room service. Our steward was excellent and was very receptive to our needs and requests.

Our fantastica package allowed free breakfast in bed, which we used only one morning. We did not use the minibar.
Piero della Francesca Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins