3. Norwegian Star
My hubby & I sailed aboard the Norwegian Star from Dubai with my mother in November. This was our 3rd cruise with the Star and we love her older decor and layout: wide decks that allow resting or walking and there is a jogging track on deck 12 too. For this cruise we booked a Family Suite on deck 11 which had two sleeping quarters, enough for 6 people, however it was just my husband and I in the main sleeping area and my mother in the smaller area with her own bathroom and loo! The cabin also had a table and 4 chairs, a 3 person sofa and TV and a balcony. The main bathroom has a separate shower, spa bath and loo. Each section has enough closet & drawer space. The Main bedroom has space under the bed for the suit cases and there were enough power sockets to charge cameras etc in the cabin. A coffee/tea machine was included(uses pods) and was well used by us all. Dining aboard the Star offers several complimentary dining choices: Market Cafe, Aqua and Versailes Dining Rooms, Poolside Buffets, Ginza and O'Sheehans Pub. There are also several specialty restaurants too, Moderno, Cagney's Steak House, Teppinyaki etc. I have yet to have a meal that I did not like - the menu choices are very good. The Stardust Theatre is where the entertainment happens - there is a show of some sort every night and all are well worth the time to see. The Shows with the Norwegian Dancers and Show Band are absolutely fantastic - great music, singing and dancing! We all found the service by the Norwegian staff to be of a very high standard especially Hanno our Conscierge, Joseph our Butler and Ferdinand our cabin steward. The cruise from Dubai stopped at ports in UAE, Oman, India, Sri Lanka, Thailand and Malaysia. The Shore Excursions we were able to complete were 'Level One' due to Mum's mobility issues however it would have been more pleasant if we stayed aboard except for the Highlights of Bombay Tour which was interesting and gave time to do a little sighseeing. I went to the Pinnawela Elephant Orphanage(Sri Lanka) by myself and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Unfortunately none of the other excursions we did would encourage us to re-visit the countries we saw. The Ports we docked at were mostly 'industrial' and in poor repair and many Port authorities refused passengers permission to walk on the pier.

Dubai to Singapore aboard the Norwegian Star in a Family Suite Cabin (#11520)

Norwegian Star Cruise Review by craftygran

• Sail Date: November 2016
  • Destination: Asia
  • Cabin Type: Family Penthouse with Large Balcony

craftygran’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Star price drops

Family Penthouse with Large Balcony
Cabin SC 11520
Family Penthouse - excellently set out with sufficient space for all
Deck 11 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins