• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Emily
First Time Cruiser

Sail Date: Jun 2004
Cabin:

After reading all the positive ratings on Celebrity Cruise Line, we finally committed ourselves to the Western Mediterranean Cruise on June 14, 2004.

The Millennium did not live up to our expectation. I read Jeffrey's review, and I found our experience to be similar to his. I would like to add more comments to his.

Food: We found it to be average only, which was a big disappointment, considering food was the reason why we picked Celebrity. We had tried the Ocean Cafe, the Metropolitan Restaurant, the Olympic, the Cova Cafe, the Ocean Grill and the Aqua Spa light meal corner. These are what we found: •Fish dinners were consistently overcooked and tasteless. •Hamburger bun crumbled up with each bite. I ended up with a mess on my hand, very embarrassing. Never tried it again. •Lack of variety; boiled potatoes cut with cookie cutter were served for the first 3 days for dinner, until our whole table complained. •The only lobster dinner served was VERY dry, again because it was WAY overcooked, and it did not come with dipping butter. •Not enough cooked vegetables to compliment every meal. •Coffee served was undrinkable, but cappuccino was not being served in the dining room as an alternative. •Salads served were bland and unimaginative. They were the type found in Cafeteria. There was also not much choice, just 3 types of salad dressing. •Most beef dinners served (filet mignon, prime rib, etc) were good but I had to know how to order. If I wanted a medium, I learned to order a medium rare. Then I got what I wanted. •Pastry chefs should be fired. I got better pastries from Cosco's freezer section. •The sushi cafe does not live up to the reputation. The sticky rice was dry and tasteless, so it was like eating play-dough. •The Olympic was the only place that lived up to our expectation. We were very pleased with the Sommelier. He listened carefully to our preference and picked the right wine for us. •French fries were very good.

Cabin 1A