First, we enjoyed our cruise but the service and food was poor. The truth is this was a very mixed experience. First the good,
1. This is the friendliest ship at sea. The passengers are very engaing and fun, real down to earth people.
2. The cruise was very cheap.
3. The Diamond lounge.
4. Our cabin was ecellent, if a bit worn.
1. At times the food was uneatable, I mean terrible. The staff should be ashamed to serve this horrible cuisine, especially at dinner. I was served a piece of toast black as the ace of spades and impossible to cut. The soups were horrible, one serving was the consistency of mud and tasted like white flour.
2. Most of the service was indifferent. In the Diamond lounge, I arrived before my wife, and ordered two drinks. The server refused to bring her a drink until he saw her !
3. The ship showed children's movies although the passengers averaged 70 plus years old. Some of the movies were 30 years old.
4. The onboard speaker gave incorrect port information. For example, she stated it was a short walk to the Condor museum and in reality it was a thirty minute cab ride.
We actually enjoyed the passengers ans the sun but Royal is really ruining its reputation with this howdy service. Uneatable food and thirty year old movies!
Tis is really a large veranda cabin, comfortable but a bit worn. Its a good choice on a ship filled with coffin sized staterooms in noisy areas.