Seven Seas Explorer Cruise Review

Seven Seas Explorer Cruise Review by Tbbrown2

• Sail Date: Dec 2016
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Concierge Suite

I wanted to visit many islands in the Caribbean & Regent cruises got high ratings.

The special reservation restaurants were ok but not outstanding. I thought the wine was poor quality. Perhaps they should just charge for wine & put money elsewhere. Poor selection of beers! Good choices on mixed drinks.

The entertainment on ship was pretty poor & the lecturer was very disappointing. The cruise ship up the St Lawrence seaway(Pearl) the lecturer was outstanding so we expected that quality.

Being charged $1000 for a trip to the ship's doctor was OUTRAGEOUS! 3 lab tests, exam, & antibiotics. BE VERY CAREFUL IF YOU VISIT THE CLINIC! I think the Regent people should have absorbed some of the cost. I can submit these charges back home but they will cover a minimum about~ $200!!

Shore excursions would have been much better had they started later in the day. Who wants to go on a tour at 8'oclock in the morning when your on vacation. There were varied tours which was good.

Disembarkation was a bit crazy. Having people catching a flight for noon and others for a flight in the evening to be on the same bus was nuts. We were also dropped off in the wrong area for our flight.

Overall I was disappointed in the Regent cruise.

Tbbrown2's Full Rating Summary

Concierge Suite
Cabin E 612

Cabin nice but smaller than what was advertised. The bathroom especially the shower was great. The closet was a good size. We got locked out of cabin when we shut the deck door! We had to climb on a chair & bang on the next cabin. Luckily they heard us. I realize that it was a new ship but it was creepy to be locked out. It took 3-4 days to fix.

Tbbrown2