3. Silver Cloud
We are not big cruisers, preferring to usually travel by private tours or independently. However, this cruise offered some very unusual ports of call that would be difficult to visit without cruising. First, I will note that our port of embarkation was Mombasa. It was not an option in the drop down box. The cruise ended in Cape Town. We knew that the Silver Cloud is a 20+ year old ship and would thus be a little dated. We prefer the term "classic". We also knew entertainment and dining venues would be limited due to the small size of the ship. It seems that most of the negative reviews come from people who had incorrect expectations. Being a bit of a foodie and a fussy eater, I found the food and selections excellent. If we didn't want one of the two "house" wines being poured, other options were always available. The staff was warm, friendly, and helpful. There were some issues with the air con, but our butler delivered a fan for our room the first day and we were quite comfortable. I might have rated this just four stars except for the fact that we LOVED the small size. We met many of our fellow passengers and crew members which greatly enhanced our experience. We booked a South America cruise while on board. It will be on the new Silver Muse in 1/2018. The ship looks lovely and there are many dining choices. I just hope The intimacy that we experienced on the Silver Cloud isn't lost on a larger ship.

Great Cruise

Silver Cloud Cruise Review by SMA Cruiser

• Sail Date: December 2016
  • Destination: Africa
SMA Cruiser’s Full Rating Summary
Get Silversea Silver Cloud price drops

Good sized with lots of storage. Very comfortable beds, nice linens and great towels.