3. Britannia
I chose to go on this ship as we had been on a cruise with p&O before on the beautiful Ventura around the med. it was my 60th and I wanted to do something special so booked this very expensive trip! we booked what was meant to be a deluxe balcony cabin so paid a bit more. So here we go with all that is wrong with this ship: On arrival to our cabin, we noticed that like the Ventura the settee was a double pull out bed, no problem here, however on asking the steward to make up the bed we were gobsmacked when we returned to find that we literally could not walk around the bed to get to the balcony. It is literally up against the cabinets so you have to climb over the bed to get to the balcony or to make coffee/tea. The Balcony: I can only describe this as beyond tiny, you literally can only fit two chairs and a tiny table on it. there is no room to extend the chair it is literally against the glass balcony. Very tiny and not what you are led to beleive by the dimensions. Most of the Deluxe cabins are on Deck A, be warned this has to be the noisiest deck on the ship, as you are located directly under the lido pool, and the sun decks. 6.00 a.m. in the morning you are woken by the waiters dragging all of the sun beds out, then up until1.00 in the morning you can hear the boom boom of the music and you will literally hear the words from the singers, it is frankly a nightmare. Do not stay on this deck unless you sleep like a log! I do not and nor does my hubby. Cabin Stewards: We asked our steward to change our sheets on the pull out bed as we notived they had not been changed for 3 days! The steward lied and said that she changed them daily she did not, we knew because my husband had cut his foot on the metal mechanism of the bed and had bled onto the sheets. The blood was still there 3 days later. Clearly she could not be bothered and she was miserable to say the least! We asked on three days running to have tea coffee milk replenished and also to have 3 cups not TWO! This seemed to be a common problem with all the people who had 3 in a cabin. The bathroom was not cleaned properly, there was dirt all along the edge of the bath, bins were not emptied, geranlly very slap dash. Be warned if you are thinking of doing this cruise around this time of the year it is like Gods Waiting Room!! I am 60 and my hubby 56 but we are very young for our age and enjoy dancing, singing. Not this lot never met such moody rude and generally horrible old people. You walk around and all you see is the oldies snoring with their teeth out!! oh and of course they think they have more of a right to be there than the youngster. Our daughter is 16 and she has model manners unlike this awful lot. The second week a lot went home (thank god) and some younger people arrived, average age of 30, 40 and 50s so much better. Just avoid going out of school holidays unless you want to have a very sedate holiday. The Oriental Restaurant We did Club Dining because frankly I want to be waited on not suffer the gauntlet of chavs who want to barge you out of the way in the Horizon to get the last sausage!! the food in Oriental is amazing as are the waiters, I would give 10/10 for their service, dedication, politeness and general willingness to please. The Horizon: Frankly the food is disgusting, cold, overcooked, same old slop every day, avoid unless you enjoy this standard of food. Dealing with complaints: My Husband sadly found a hair in his Apple Crumble in the Oriental. We immediately informed the waiters who very hurriedly removed the dish and the hair. The head waiter was called and it was naturally all hushed up (cant have that being announced to all and sundry). Basically we were told that there would be an investigation (I asked if they would be taking a DNA test you know like CSI Miami but apparently not)!. My husband returned to our cabin to find a letter of apology blah blah, not the standard we set etc etc. but that was it. No apology no recompense nothing, so will be complaining to P&O about this. Lastly Brittania is frankly not a very nice ship at all, it is very very drab, browns, wine and gold, the idea was that it would be designed to be contemporary, what it actually resembles is a hospital. Hard railings with no color, carpets drab, Atrium chandelier whic is meant to be a stalagmite is at best awful. The Venture is bright, airy and modern and feels like a holiday this ship is literally depressing. Everyone we was with complained about the ship. Layout of the ship: Herein was the biggest cause for complaint. The Brittania has been designed so that due to the atrium being where it is there are no lifts in the middle and no stairs, as a result to get to floor 6 you have to go up to 7 then walk down to 6??? To say it caused problems was an understatement, everyone was getting lost, there are no signs to direct anyone and worst of all , people like myself who had a knee injury found the constant walking up and down stairs a real pain. Some passengers who were in wheelchairs arrived to find that they could only get in their cabin if they got out of their wheelchairs, folded them up and then walked in. One lady who could not get oout of her wheelchair had to wait for her hubby to lift her out of the chair, put her on the bed, fold up the wheelchair, then put her back in it!!! In summing up I would say if you are aged 60 70 80, are fit and able, don't enjoy bright decor then this is the ship for you. I felt very very let down on this ship its a pretty miserable cruise ship and I wont be going back, I will stick to Ventura, Azura whom everyone on our ship loved.

Very Drab Britannia!

Layout of the ship:

topmedsec’s Full Rating Summary
Get P&O Britannia price drops

Cabin a404
far too small compared to ventura and azura, layout is very badly designed, no room when pull out bed is made up, balcony is tiny, not worth the money at all. Noise is ridiculous from upstairs, no sun at all on the balcony due to the massive overhang from the lido deck. Avoid this floor altogether, masses of complaints.