3. Vision of the Seas
I have just returned from a 7 day cruise out of Dubai on RCCL's Vision of the Seas. She is an older ship that carries 2,500 people. A size and age that I usually love. Sadly, Vision was rather tired. Despite the best attempts of the crew to keep her clean it never felt quite like they had succeeded. The food was a really mixed bag. At times it was excellent and other it was horrible. I ate breakfast at the Park Cafe in the Solarium which was fine. As I eat fruit, yogurt and granola washed down with black coffee I would have been shocked had it not been OK. Lunch was at the Windjammer - all except our sea day there was no other option. I found the buffet sadly lacking - it was two islands with four queues, each serving the same thing. The bread was pre-cut and consistently stale. I didn't pay a lot of attention to the sandwich and fast food section as a pescetarian they weren't particularly interesting. I had a soda package and found the bar staff seemed to begrudge me my diet coke. Dinner in the dining room with My Time Dining was a much better experience. I ate alone some nights and with a friend others. I had the same table each night and Walter (my Peruvian waiter) and Isse (the Kenyan assistant waiter) couldn't do enough. They were attentive, friendly and really honest about what was what on the menu. Most of the food was ok. The fish on some nights ran a bit dry but the rest was quite good. I can't eat refined sugar so the sugar free deserts are really important to me as I have a real sweet tooth. They were excellent except for the sugar free ice cream which was grainy and tasteless. The entertainment on board was the worst that I have ever encountered. With the exception of the concert by the Zoots - a 60s cover band who were very good the rest of dreadful to say the least. The resident troupe were dreadful. We walked out after the second song during their 70's review. The two excursions that I booked through RCCL in Muscat were fantastic. It is indeed a great city to visit and one that I want to go back to . My biggest disappointment was that on the final day of the cruise, we were docked in Dubai for the final day before disembarkation the following morning, it seemed like the ship's crew had given up. The schedule was half the size that it had been every other day of the cruise. There was only some music in the centrum that night and no show. It was as if it was a 6 day cruise that the passengers had decided to extend into 7 days. All in all - the route was good, the rest mediocre.

Not the Vision that I had of the Cruise beforehand

Vision of the Seas Cruise Review by Shelz1

All in all - the route was good, the rest mediocre.
Shelz1’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Vision of the Seas price drops

My cabin was an inside superior and I was very happy with the size and layout. My cabin attendant wasn't particularly attentive - it took two days to meet him. When I first came of I found a couple of empty bottles in one of the cupboards and there never was a room service menu. He kept the bed made and the bathroom generally wiped down but other than that I can't say much for it.
  Vision of the Seas Deck Plans

• Nakhl Fort
    Fantastic way to get out of the city and to see some of the natural beauty of Oman as well as getting see a wonderful fort, the wadi and have a traditional lunch in a 5 star hotel. Our guide was FANTASTIC!!
    View All 4 Nakhl Fort Reviews