3. Radiance of the Seas
This year was a bad one for me and my husband, after he had major caancer surgery. However because of some good news we decided fairly late to taake this cruise as we could get on in WA and just fly home from Sydney. As a consequence we had to take a grand suite (not difficult), and we certainly enjoyed it ! Embarcation: Took a little longer than I was expecting, as we had to wait for our number to be called before going through Customs, but fairly painless. No Champagne on arrival (I thought we got it last time on RCI but maybe we didn't). Lunch in the Windjammer forgettable, the seating area too small thanks to Izumi taking up space, and Ritas not usable at times! The suite was spacious, but a little shabby --- try changing the colours RCI, but service there terrrific, and we didn't fill all the available clothes space. Bed wonderful, but the bath without grab rails was dangerous! Television channels abysmal -- no BBC CNN and sometimes no Sky! and continual repeats on other channels. The BIG plus was the Concierge lounge, as we didn't do much on shore days, as we had been to most of the ports before, and the purpose of the cruise was RELAXATION. Entertainment in the theatre NOWHERE near as good as on previous RCI cruises. The dance troop looked little better than amateur and costumes tatty! Dining in the MDR --- too early at 5-30 but I like fixed dining, and our table mated were fun, service good , BUT food mediocre. No lobster night (had to pay extra) and wine prices horrendous.(thank goodness for the Cocierge Club) Disembarkation: Wonderful, as mh husband was having back problems, ao was taken off in a wheelchair to the bus to airport 10/10

Overall disappointing

Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review by Perthgirl1943

Perthgirl1943’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Radiance of the Seas price drops

Grand Suite - 1 Bedroom
Cabin GS
great room and balcony, disappointing bath/shower NO grab rails.
Service superb,