3. Norwegian Sun
We wanted to see the south American experience. As we embarked, we had lunch at the Garden Café. We found the food to be of a very messy quality. Again as we ate breakfast and lunch we found very little variations from day to day. Too many dishes with Indian seasoning (curry). I do not understand when you have several specialty restaurants, why you have to pay extra for certain cuts of meat in the Four Season dining room (main dining room). The service was great, waiters and assistant maitre D were the most helpful and congenial people. The main dining room was nice but expected more of a higher quality of dinners, this is in comparison to other cruises we have been on. Eight days into our 17 day cruise I came down with food poisoning, (my strong opinion). This required medical assistance from the ship medical staff. I was quarantined to my room for 24 hrs. We had to cancel a special paid excursion for that day. The medical staff was able to have our $200 fair reimbursed. This was the day we were to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Bummer.

It was a ok experience

Norwegian Sun Cruise Review by shortcir

• Sail Date: November 2016
  • Destination: South America
  • Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Balcony
We wanted to see the south American experience.

shortcir’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Sun price drops

Mid-Ship Balcony
Cabin BB
Cabin service was very good although entering our cabin the first day disappointed.
Opening our chest of drawers we discovered a tray of left over food from the previous occupants. Some how with the rush of getting the room ready from the charter group before us, it was missed, but still no excuse. On notification to the steward, it was quickly cleaned and sanitized.
Viking Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins