3. Celebrity Infinity
Cabin 7062 Verandah We chose this ship for the Panama Canal and traveled with family (four adults and two children ages 6 an 11). We were able to have two adult rooms next to one another and the boys' room right across the hall. There were only 12 children on board but the Fun Factory did an amazing job with both boys despite the age differences. There were several kids and parent (and/or grandparent) activities which made it great for all of us to feel included as a family. The six year old chose to stay and eat there for dinner several times. The Canal Experience was wonderful. We spent most of the day on the balcony while the TV carried a running live narration by one of the officers. I had done a Panama Canal cruise that navigated only part of the Canal, turned around in Gatun Lake and then returned through the same locks about 15 years ago. This was 100 times better and I learned so much more about the history and enjoyed the trip so much more. We thoroughly enjoyed all of our excursions in Cabo (Todo Santos), Guatemala (the Mayan ruins), Costa Rica (Puntarenas and the Soaz Volcano) although long buses navigating through tiny village streets was sometimes quite harrowing. But the best of all was the Dolphin Swim in Puerta Vallarta. We (grandparents) took the two boys and it was very up close and personal and included a lot of experiences with the Dolphins. We all loved it. Food in the dining room was quite good and even excellent at times. Service not so much the first few days. We had a brand new waiter and a brand new assistant waiter but the Waiter Supervisor stepped in with training for the staff and very personal attention for all of us and it was perfect by the last week of the cruise. Food in the buffet was not good at all - much was overcooked and pretty bland so build your own salad became a lunch staple. Service, however, was excellent - the best I have found in all the 17 cruises I have taken. We especially liked the small, fairly intimate seating areas as opposed to the sea of people you find in many cruise buffets. We were gifted a specialty dinner in the Tuscan Grill by my daughter and while, the food was tasty (after getting three steaks before they got it right), it did not come close to the wonderful experiences we had in the Chops venue through RCCL. There were a number of lecturers on this cruise who gave some very interesting and informative presentations. Evening entertainment got high ratings from everyone we talked to, although we did not attend any. There was not a "Broadway" musical show among them. Our form of entertainment is talking with people so we did much more of that and enjoyed the mix of folks quite a lot. Incidentally, the photography folks were available but it was presented as an option and I never once felt hounded as I have so many times on other cruises. Another plus for us was that the entire ship was tastefully decorated for the holidays and it gave a festive feel every time we were in the public places. One odd thing we encountered was the stateroom numbering. Our room was 7062 and we were right next to my daughter and her husband who's room number was 7026. It caused some confusion for the room service folks for breakfast more than once. Embarkation and Debarkation were a nightmare. It took over an hour to get on the ship and our embarkation time had been changed from 11:30 to 1:30 because of a customs and immigration inspection. The scheduling change helped not a bit. The Debarkation was worse. It was two hours before we saw daylight. We are not looking forward to our next cruise through Ft. Lauderdale. I have never had to deal with such a mess before.

Sailing through the Panama Canal was amazing

Ages 10 to 12
Get Celebrity Infinity price drops

Deluxe Ocean View with Balcony 2C
Cabin 2C 7062
Cabin was fairly roomy for a cruise and there was plenty of storage. We were able to remove the items from the minibar and keep our beverages and medications requiring refrigeration in the fridge. It didn't seem cold enough to me, so I called and it was replaced, twice. The third time was a charm. Was great after that. Loved the shower. One of the roomiest I have seen. Also like the attractive night light in the bathroom and all the storage under the sink.
Deck 7 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins