3. Norwegian Sky
I wanted a cruise that would be inexpensive and offer bonus things like free drinks. I have been on Sky before it became the open bar ship. Fearing that the drinks would be weak, hard to get, poor service, and all other fears that could happen, I had set my sights in the middle. Not expecting too much and open to problems while expecting standard cruise service elsewhere. I was delighted to see what I really got. Good drinks, plentiful servers, and attentive bar tenders. Unlike most previous cruises, I did not get "attached" to any one bartender in particular. I would usually find a person to get my drinks from and stick around there. Open bar works really well. Dining. The presentation of food in the main dining rooms is really beautiful. It comes at the right temperatures too. Perhaps slightly on the bland side as far as spicing goes, I would not even worry a bit about it. I rate the food excellent. Choices are decent too. However I do object to putting items "for sale" in the main menu. Leave that for the specialty restaurants please. Rooms. Well a bit smaller than other ships because this is already an older model. The cabinetry is older and smaller than what I am used to. But the room is clean and functional. Public areas. Nice and clean and enjoyable. People you cruise with are a good mix of all people. Everyone seemed to be there to have a good vacation and were fun. Only a couple overly intoxicated people were seen. Pretty much like any other cruise I have been on. Entertainment. Clearly NCL has chosen to put the best shows on the bigger ships. I won't say the shows on Sky were bad but I didn't get into them like I usually do. Perhaps it is just me and I grow tired of the cheese, Staff. Overall outstanding. Always a smile and professional appearance. Ports. Bahamas Bahamas and Bahamas. yawn?? Freeport. Lovely port village not too much else for me. Nassau. Great brew pub right by the port (Pirate Republic) and other shops near it. Great Stirrup Cay is lovely. What a great beach day. free food and drink while you are there too. Great snorkeling. Loved it. Easy on and easy off in Mimai as well. I'll be on Sky again. I'd give it a 7 of 10 overall. Mostly because it lacks things that the bigger and newer ships have AND 3 or 4 days is all you get on this one.

Open bar concept works

Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by ebedore

• Sail Date: December 2016
  • Destination: Bahamas

Staff. Overall outstanding. Always a smile and professional appearance.

Easy on and easy off in Mimai as well.

ebedore’s Full Rating Summary