3. Celebrity Equinox
We choose Celebrity Equinox because of the itinerary; my husband and I wanted to experience a few islands that we had not been to before and we found that with Colombia, Costa Rica and Panama. First, the ship is beautiful! Easy to maneuver, open, sophisticated and bright. The cabin was nicely appointed in AquaClass. I always say the bathrooms, especially the shower, can be a little bigger but at least it wasn't like years ago where you could barely fit. The overhead bin for additional storage was a plus -- and yes it was used! The food was awesome! My husband and I both thought this ship provided the best food we experienced on a cruise in a longtime! Although we were assigned to "Blu" and we did have dinner there twice and the service was excellent, our favorite place to eat turned out to be the "Oceanview Cafe". The staff was impeccable! They were helpful, always had a smile, and one of the managers, I believe her name was Mihela, was professional, helpful, available and always smiling! The choice of food, including the grilled chicken breasts [my favorite], steak, fish & pork as well as the pasta and salad station - unbelievable! The fitness center was bright and had a variety of weights and machines. I visited the gym regularly - especially after tearing into the food daily! Shore excursions, although we did not participate in any of the onboard tours all of the islands were fun. Colon, Panama was my favorite. A few of us visited the Embera Village, indigenous people, by canoe. Gliding through the forest was so calming and seeing the monkeys jumping from branch to branch was fun. The highlight was learning about the different vegetation and its holistic properties. We were treated to lunch, freshly caught fish while we were there; grilled to perfection and unbelievably delicious! Grilled plantains added to the meal all tied up in banana leaves. Highly recommend a stop here. Dancing - that's one of the reasons I love cruising because we don't venture out as we did when we were dating. The "Silent Disco" was so much fun! To have the ability to switch channels and to increase the sound or lower to your liking was awesome! The music variety was so good. Thank you. Activities - I think the activities department need to offer a lot more choices. I don't feel there was enough group activities for all to participate in. They did offer line dancing, which was the highlight of the daytime activities and that was fun, but to constantly teach the same dances when there are literally thousands of dances to learn was a little disappointing. Overall it was a good time and what a work out! The other activity I thought was good was the volleyball tournament between staff and guests. It had everything; fun, laughter and a crazy ref! With 12 days I think there should have been a lot more choices. The Hot Glass Show - awesome! If you board this ship make it your business to learn about glass and the intricate process of glass blowing. It offers a free education on glass blowing. One of my grips is entertainment in the theatre. I think a broadway like show, i.e., Mamma Mia, should be one of the major attractions. I don't feel there was enough of a variety for the theatre to draw me in. Also, with the availability of satellite I don't understand why there wasn't many "free" choices on the television. I do know many people are not in their cabins however its nice to have that choice. Overall it was an excellent cruise and I highly recommend cruising aboard Celebrity Equinox; I am planning my next cruise right now!

Celebrity: I'm sold!

Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review by talyah56

talyah56’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Equinox price drops

AquaClass
Cabin A1 1642
The cabin was very bright and very comfortable. I especially loved the overhead bin for storing more items - it sure came in handy!
Penthouse Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins