3. Ruby Princess
Btw this was my 12th with princess, 23rd overall and 235 sea days under my belt. Our experience in the main dining room was such; that after two attempts we just quit going and relegated ourselves to the buffet and room service. The menu was just plain unexciting. The majority of items you would see day to day, with only 2-3 items that changed per two categories. Gone were selections for appitizers, followed by soup or salad and then the main course and desert. Fillet Mignon served was over cooked ( the wait staff asked us ro check it first( they must have known there were problems), the second attempt had gristle. When I pointed it out to the section manager, he shrugged and said something to the effect that it was acceptable for that cut of meat. When I challenged him further he backed down, but at that point I was plain done. The buffet was the usual over cooked on just about everything. Dishes were heavily slanted toward carbohydrates. Same fish fillets served daily with only the sauce changing. The carved meats looked processed. The only thing that was truly great was the deserts. The entertainment was not spectacular, the seating was cramped in the princess theatre with little leg room. The volume was pumped up to the point of distortion-too loud. After one show we never returned. The quality of mixed drinks depended on what bartender was on duty. We found watered down drinks and excessive ice was put in drinks. I switched to bottled drinks unless one of the better bartenders was on shift. I stopped ordering all mixed drinks by the pool, in a theatre or in the dining areas. I find that our experience differs from ship to ship with Princess. This was our first and last on the Ruby Princess. We decided not to book the January-February and April cruises with this ship.

A Mediocre Experience

csmaslin’s Full Rating Summary
Get Ruby Princess price drops

Oceanview
Cabin OC L101
Cabin layout was not convenient and was smaller than the adjacent cabins. We will never book that again. Make sure that you check out the layout, select your cabin and not let them choose one for you.
Plaza Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins