3. Disney Fantasy
My family had stayed on the Disney Wonder a few years back and my mom and sister loved the experience, the little attention to detail only Disney can do to make the trip magical. After 6 years we booked to go on the Disney Fantasy because of the warm weather in the Caribbean, being able to visit the Disney private Island of Castaway Cay and try out the Aquaduck! The price was very expensive and as much as I tried to convince on going on one of the big boats on the RCL it was Disney or nothing for my mother and sister. The embarkation was a bit hectic has someone had fallen ill in the cruise before us at Castaway Cay and caused the boat to arrive 3 hrs late. It caused a ruckus with no shuttles going to the port. We arrived an hr later than expected but Disney made up for the delay with making the process as speedy as could be. We got bonus lanyards because we were castaway members (previous guests) The buffet area at cabanas had a wide selection of food and made us feel a lot better. The 3 different dining areas were beautiful (my personal favourite was the animators palette due to the cool interactions and images shown on the walls. Unfortunately we didn't get to speak to Crush on the first time dining there because I had booked for us to eat at Remy's. The experience was like nothing else.. I wouldn't do it every day but it was nice to dress up and be treated like VIPs. Every dish had plate covers and we had about 3-4 servers serving us at any given time. About 8 courses or so and the chef would come out to see how we were doing. Fantastic treat for my parents. My husband and I really enjoyed going on the aquaducks and experiencing the beautiful lounges on offer. I really thought Sky line was very romantic. I'm not Disney obsessed as a lot of the other cruisers are but I was happy to see my favourite characters Pluto and Donald around and taking pictures with them. It was my husband's first cruise and he really enjoyed the food. I laughed when he asked if we were going to Cabanas for evening meals since he didn't know anything about the nice plated dinners cruises usually provide. What really excited him was we got to watch Rogue one Star Wars premier on the boat at 12:01am on the 16th December onwards. It was pretty cool to watch it as it opens across the country. I enjoyed watching Dr. Strange and Moana on the boat too. Something that no other cruise line can boast to do since Disney owns Marvel and a lot of other entertainment companies. I liked the live Disney cast performances but they had used the same variety act on this cruise (2 different jugglers) which made it a bit repetitive. They should avoid doing that in future. I liked we had an adults area but the teenager's pool area at the front of the boat was always empty and wasted on them. Might as well let the adults take that part over. We did the mickey mouse detective angeny around the ship. Fun way to spend some time exploring the boat and interact with the cool artwork that comes to life and makes you do tasks to solve mysteries. I wish I had some more time to take the boat tour but unfortunately missed it. Great family trip but once you've done Disney Fantasy it's good to try out other boats. I look forward to try out RCL and Celebrity at some point. Having seen the fireworks performance on the west coast with the Disney wonder, I found this one to be short and less spectacular. They used Captain Jack Sparrow for most of it. Maybe it was because this was my second cruise with Disney but I felt the see ya real soon and other performances lacked enough characters compared to the first time. I like my head waiter Stefanos from Greece a lot but Carlos the assistant waiter was forgetful and not as attentive. these 2 waiters would follow us in to the 3 different dinging rooms for each night so they know your preference and get to chat with them more) Some of the other waiters on the boat that we dealt with during the day was very nice.

Great Family Vacation for Adults

Drifting Nomad’s Full Rating Summary
Get Disney Fantasy price drops

Standard Inside Stateroom
Cabin 11A 9611
We had to wait till 1:30pm before we could get to our stateroom.
The rooms though the smallest on the ship was big enough for my husband and I and the other room was adequate for my parents and sister. I really liked the magical porthole, quite entertaining and showed live footage of vies from outside. Interesting characters would pop up from time to time. The beds are insanely comfortable and was happy to see they were still using H20 spa products. More draw space would have bee nice but otherwise it wasn't bad. Our stateroom host could of done a better job replacing towels and tidying up the room for us.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins

• Castaway Cay
    Great private island that was very cool. Water on the adults only beach Serenity bay is breathtaking. Lovely chilled day but snorkeling is not as good as Grand Cayman.
    View All 456 Castaway Cay Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Castaway Cay Cruise Port Review
  • Amazing River & Cavern Explore
    The guide was nice and we were well taken care of. The only disappointment was the actual excursion itself. Not for everyone swimming in cold waters of a cave in December and the lagoon felt like we were swimming in a pond with fish that were put there on purpose even though it wasn't the case.
    View All 136 Amazing River & Cavern Explore Reviews
  • Horseback Riding
    waited around for quite a while to finally go on the horseback riding tour. The people on the horses were good but the people managing the place nickel and dime you for everything. $5 for lockers. You can see the horses are very well taken care of and have a lot of freedom (old or hurt race horses who have been re purposed to go into the ocean and around the area) much better than being killed off and gives them some freedom and mental physical exercise.
    View All 29 Horseback Riding Reviews
  • Snorkeling
    Awesome place to snorkel but would recommend going to 7 mile beach. Water in Grand Cayman is insane, similar to Bahamas but the snorkelling is a lot better.
    View All 313 Snorkeling Reviews