3. Celebrity Millennium
Just came back from a glorious 12-night Eastern Mediterranean cruise aboard Millennium. This is my 3rd Mediterranean cruise and my 5th cruise on Celebrity. After 20+ cruises, I stopped counting how cruises I've been on. I tend to get critical at this point since I have plenty to draw from. Ship itself -- not impressive. I prefer the dramatic atriums some cruise lines have which Celebrity avoids. Grade: B Shops on the Emporium -- good layout and plenty of stores compared to most cruise lines. Not as many interesting things to buy though. Grade B+ Service -- good. Although I miss the little shows the waiters put on. They did one but it lacked energy which most Caribbean sailings tend to put on. Grade: B+ Cabin -- good. I had a category 2B with veranda. Nothing fantastic but ample like any other cruise lines. The attendants were great. Grade: A- Celebrity Theater -- poor layout and unimpressive. The SHOWS are WOW! They have A+ shows and excellent performers. Grade: B- for the theater, A+ for the shows. Casino -- good size. Grade: B+ Food -- good. Grade: B+. Computer at sea -- very expensive and slow. Grade: D Room Service -- excellent. Food is very good, specially the soups. Grade: A- Ports of Call -- great. Although they shoud have warned those who took the Rome On Your Own tour that it was a public holiday and all the shops were closed. We just wanted to shop since we've been to Rome many times. It made for a very long, hot, sticky day just killing time. Guess it didn't hurt to see the Spanish Steps, Pantheon, Plaza Navona, and toss 3 coins on the Trevi one more time. We got to practice a favorite European past time, people watching, as we ate slowly in an open cafe at the P. Navona. Whoopee. Grade: B+ Embarkation -- poor and not as organized in Barcelona. Grade: C Disembarkation -- excellent and smooth in Venice. Grade: A+ Thank you.

Millennium - Eastern Mediterranean