3. Carnival Victory
I chose this cruise for a quick, inexpensive getaway and it absolutely covered all of the bases. We flew into Ft. Lauderdale and stayed Sunday night at the Best Western airport/cruiseport there. The hotel had free airport shuttle which was prompt and professional. The hotel was clean, the staff very pleasant and the free breakfast was one of the better ones I've had. Within walking distance from the hotel is a shopping center to pick up any forgotten or last minute items. (Big Lots, Winn Dixie, Sally Beauty and many others) We arranged transport to Miami through SAS transport. They were also very prompt and courteous and I highly recommend them. The cost was extremely reasonable at $15pp each way. Embarkation was pushed back a few hours due to renovations on the ship. They began the boarding process at 1pm. No problems except for fellow cruisers rudeness. We had purchased Faster to the Fun so we got to board after the platinum, diamond and suite guests. I thought the ship was very pretty and liked the colors. This is a matter of taste so everyone may not see it that way. Our room was on the 7th deck and was ready when we checked on. Our room was clean, as was the rest of the ship. Our room steward, Marlon< was attentive and did an excellent job. We had no problem tipping him extra at the end of the cruise- completely optional, I found the food to be good. We had Our Time dining in the Atlantic dining room and we received excellent service at every meal. It's not five star, but it's far from bad. We didn;t have to wait too long to be seated or for our food. The wait staff work extremely hard to give great service. There was never a shortage of deck chairs,T he comedians were very funny. Photographers took some great photos and were all very kind and accommodating. I appreciated how professional the final portraits were, (and the airbrushing) We did not take in any other shows. This cruise has changed my opinion about Carnival cruises. I really have no complaints that matter to much. I will definitely be taking this cruise again in the future. In Key West we met a friend who lives there and toured the island on bikes. One of my few complaints was the times we were in port, 7a-1p. Many places are still closed at 7am. Did not allow enough time. Port time needs to be longer. In Cozumel we did the Le Casa en La Playa excursion. I would rate his as the second best excursion I've ever done. The beach house was beautiful, The staff gave great service and the meal was an authentic Mexican meal that was incredible. Highly recommend this excursion.

Very few (minor) complaints

Carnival Victory Cruise Review by kycruiser turns50

kycruiser turns50’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Victory price drops

Interior
Cabin 4F 7286
We had an inside cabin. First inside cabin I have booked in the last several cruises. I will say that the darkness allowed me to sleep really good. I would have liked the room a little cooler, but that is a personal preference that others may not agree with. Our room had been upgraded with a flat screen TV. the bed, linens and pillows were very comfortable. Our steward, Marlon, did a great job!
Verandah Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins