3. Caribbean Princess
Cruise was going to Norway and Iceland before arriving in NYC. The ports were delightful to visit especially Iceland. There were a number of new ports for me. Norway was as spectacular as usual especially Flaam. The big disappointment was not being able to visit the Shetland Islands, which was the big drawing card for me. The seas were too rough and although we anchored, we did move on to the northern tip where it was calmer but this was for an inspection of the propulsion system. But we could see the countryside from the ship. The weather was much colder and wetter than I expected. Had an unexpected delay in Reykavik due to high winds which prevented us from leaving the pier. The captain, a new one, was visible on the ship nearly every day. The crew was excellent as usual. One thing that irritates me are those people who come very late to the assigned dining room. Some people came in 45 minutes or more late and the waiters have to be gracious to them and serve them. It is not fair to the waiters. Those people can go to the Lido deck or anytime dining when they are that late. I would like to see a stand taken on this in the future. The ship needs a little updating. Drawers in nightstand kept sliding in and out during the rough seas. Some painted areas had chips on them. But then the ship has been around. The excursions were very good and our guides were excellent. For those ports that are far away from town, there should be a cheaper shuttle offered for those not taking excursions.

Spectacular Cruise

shakla723’s Full Rating Summary
Get Caribbean Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BD B623
Shower seems more small than some of the other ships. Cabin was comfortable for its category.
Aloha Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins