Carnival Miracle Cruise Review
1,400 Reviews

First time Carnival, Last time Carnival!

Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by ShayRue

• Sail Date: Mar 2009
  • Destination: the Southern Caribbean

We booked our honeymoon cruise on the Carnival Miracle, 8 day, Southern Caribbean. Neither of us had ever been on a Carnival ship, only Royal Caribbean (which we loved).  We decided to book Carnival because it was 8 days long and we liked the itinerary.  The price was also very reasonable. We are in our late 30s, so we also wanted to have a lot of fun and "party" all night long just like Carnival advertises.  Unfortunately, that was not the case.  I've never seen so many wheel chairs and oxygen tanks in one place in my life.Here's my review, I'll make it brief:The Ship:  Not much to look at, not very clean, kind of old and worn out.  The decor was hideous.  The Cabin:  We booked a Category 11 suite.  The cabin itself was nice, no complaints. It was nice to have the extra space.  The cabin steward was great. Very good service. The pillows on the bed were old an smelled like the last people who stayed there. The steward brought more pillows, which also smelled. They need to replace the pillows.The Food:  Not very good. The bread was stale, the steak was tough, the butter for the bread tasted like it had been sitting on the table for weeks.  The food was basically hit or miss.  The Supper Club, however, was excellent.                The Service:  Standard at best.  I guess we got spoiled on the Royal Caribbean and Disney Cruise, they pamper you a lot more on those ships.Dining Areas:  The main dining room was fine.  The Lido deck buffett, however, was just your basic "cattle call".  A lot of people squeezing you out of the way.Night Life:   Non-Exsistent.  Most of the elders were in bed by 10 or 11.Entertainment :  The shows were pretty good. The comedy was also good. Summary:  I must say, the only good thing about the cruise was the people I met on the Cruise Critic Roll call.  All of the people on this site were wonderful and friendly when we all finally met on board.  The people on this site made an otherwise, not so great cruise, pretty nice.  We will never book a Carnival Cruise again, though. Too much money to risk trying to see if a second experience would turn out better. We'll stick with RCCL.

ShayRue's Full Rating Summary