• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Crown Princess Review

Editor Rating
2032 reviews
3 Awards

The weather in the South Pacific makes for the ideal cruise vacation.

Review for Crown Princess to the South Pacific
Dennis McGaughey
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Oct 2016
Cabin: Interior
Island tour on Bora Bora, Tahiti
This is formal night at our early seating singles table. I requested a sing
Formal night

I have sailed at least six times over the past 20 years in the South Pacific and always found the conditions ideal for a relaxing 'disconnect' from all the distractions at home.

I retired about 3 years ago so when I started shopping for a new cruise this past fall the length and location of this particular cruise seemed perfect. Last minute discounts for new bookings was also very helpful since I was traveling alone.

I have sailed on the Princess line on at least six previous times starting when we had young children with us in the early 90s. All of our experiences on this cruise line have been very positive. I like to describe it to others in car terms as the 'Fully Loaded Chevrolet'.

Interior

Cabin ID

It was the first time I have booked an interior cabin but since I was traveling alone it worked very well. The discount I received for booking this cabin only 6 weeks ahead of the sail date made this cruise possible.

Port Reviews

Honolulu

Did not book a tour.

Hilo

Did not book a tour - Have been here on prior cruises.

Maui

Simply had lunch with friends who live on the island.

Pago Pago

Have been here on prior cruises

Tahiti (Papeete)

Have been here several times on visits to Tahiti

Los Angeles

I am a resident of Los Angeles so I can't rate it except to say San Pedro where the ship is docked is a LONG way from major attractions.

2 Helpful Votes