Crown Princess Cruise Review

Short Weekend Cruise

Crown Princess Cruise Review by PATLEW1

• Sail Date: Dec 2016
  • Destination: the Mexican Riviera
  • Cabin Type: Oceanview (obstructed view)

My wife and I went on our second Princess cruise,. The Crown is a little older ship but still pretty nice. I was surprised that the average age for this weekend cruise was much younger than the Caribbean cruise we were on before. Clearly the cheaper weekend cruise out of LA was more of a "booze cruise" than the week-long cruises we have attended in the past.

The food was adequate, however in our opinion was not as good as the food we had on the Royal Princess. We tried the special dinner at the Wheelhouse Grill and the food was very yummy, however we were a little disappointed to hear that the food was not hand-made. That being said, it was out best meal.

Shows and things to do were good and we felt like there were plenty of choices for the 3 nights we were there.

We got an obstructed view cabin because we wee on a shorter cruise. In the future if I chose one o these rooms, I would be more strategic on which room I choose because some obstructed views are better than others. We did like the layout and the room felt like a small hotel room instead of a closet.

PATLEW1's Full Rating Summary

Oceanview (obstructed view)
Cabin OW E628

Ensenada

We found transportation to zip lines and hanging bridges. The cost for round trip transportation was $45 for two people and the tour was only $19 each. Great fun! The town is a typical tourist town, however we had fun shopping and eating,

PATLEW1