• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

10+ Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Sep 2016
Cabin: Deluxe Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony
The Solarium adults-only oasis

I have been punnishing RCL for 12 years, since they completely ignored my complaints about my experience on the Majesty of the Seas in 2004. This itinerary and my new bride was the only reason I decided to try them again. I wasn't expecting much since Radiance is an older boat without a recent refit. I must say we were pleasantly surprised with few exceptions.

The positives: The Solarium is a quiet oasis and there were no kids to be found. Sometimes on Carnival, they "say" no kids, but they don't enforce it. The only bad thing was squatters who leave their stuff on chairs longer than the time limit. This is not enforced. They should build in timers to the chairs that you have to set when you get up.

The spa: Great massage therapists for sure. Very professional and deceptively strong for their size. There's a steam room and they even have suites that are built for a couples experience. You can relax in the relaxation room, though they don't advertise you can go in there after you take a complimentary steam.

Deluxe Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony

Cabin E3

The cabin was pretty run-down and the handicapped features made it somewhat useful for someone in a full wheelchair, but a little uncomfortable for someone with just a cane or walker.

Port Reviews

Honolulu

HNL is HNL. We stayed a week before the cruise at the Marriott resort. Great hotel, lots to do. Right on Waikiki

4 Helpful Votes