• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Ovation of the Seas Review

Editor Rating

A wonderful introduction to our first cruise experience.

Review for Ovation of the Seas to Australia & New Zealand
Gloria And Ben Heuer
First Time Cruiser • Age 60s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Dec 2016
Cabin: Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony

My husband and I have booked two European cruises for 2017 and because we hadn't cruised before my sister in law and her husband who have been on 10 cruises before suggested that we try the Ovation Of The Seas cruise Fremantle to Sydney. Boarding on at Fremantle went smoothly, my husband injured his back a few days before, was using a walking stick and my elderly brother in law was using a walker, so we were moved through the embarkation lines quicker with my husband being pushed in a wheel chair by a crew member. Within less than 30 minutes we were in our requested disabled cabin on deck 7 and shortly no longer than 10 minutes our luggage was delivered.

Our nephew, his wife and two toddlers were on the cruise also on deck 11.

From day one at Fremantle to the time of our disembarkation on day 9 at Sydney not one of us had any complaints about anything.

Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony

Cabin D7

Large and comfortable with good amenities.

Port Reviews

Adelaide

My husband and I caught the harbour train to the city where we walked around and enjoyed the city sights opting not to join a guided tour because we have stayed in Adelaide and he Barossa Valley a few years ago.

13 Helpful Votes