3. Carnival Vista
My husband and I have always choosen Carnival to be our cruise line because we have always been treated special, the Carnival way. However, we were disappointed with Carnival Vista. We had a great steward, Frank, but i cant say the same for another steward, my husband had an incident where he asked another steward for a corkscrew, because we could not find our steward and the horrible room service was not picking up ( called for almost an hour, also every single time we call for breakfast room service, something is missing, no coffee cup, super late delivery, like an hour late and the last one was they never picked up our order) so this other steward answered " do i look like i have a corkscrew with me?" Duh! We know she does not have it with her but she could have said, "what room are you in and I will have someone send it up to you" (coz hubby told her we could not contact room service) so instead of that, she said "just go to the bar and let them open it for you" My sweet hubby did go to the bar and guess what? They charged him $15 corkage fee to open the bottle despite his explanation that he will bring it back to our room where I was waiting and that room service is not picking up our call. I was livid when I found out they charged him, I went back to that bar in the atrium and spoke to a bartender, who kept telling me that because we took out the bottle from our room, we have to be charged corkage fee. I showed her a copy of their liquoir policy... Corkage fee only when you intend to CONSUME the drink outside your room, at the bar, or main dining room. She would not listen when I kept telling her, i am drinking it in our room and that the only reason we had them open it, is because the room service is not answering for almost an hour and steward was no help, I then asked for her supervisor, she went to his office and when she came back, she said she will reverse the charges. Guest services and room services were hard to contact, nobody is answering most of the time. Miscommunications on a lot of activities! 1st one, Grand turk, why wait until the last minute to inform passengers that we could not dock in Grand turk? My husband knew it first before they even announced it over the paging system. Then in Jamaica, we got to dock a few hours before our scheduled one so we were allowed to go down and shop and come back for our 11am excursion assembly. We called the guest services to ask if we should still come back for the excursion assembly at the liquid lounge and they said yes. So at 8am, we went to the shopping center near the dock and rushed back before 11am back to the boat to the liquid lounge, only to find out from other ppl (no notes on the door) that we did not have to meet at the liquid lounge, insead it will be down the port's center. Very vry inconvenient, irritating and wasted time, not to mention, a long walk! Love Mat's shows but he is not organized! Lastly, food in the main dining area is HORRIBLE! Ate there 2x, 1st night and elegant night, the only one I liked was the lobster night and the rest of our cruise, we ate at bonsai and seafood shack, Bonsai is awesome! Not everything is bad... Love the shows, the games, love the interior decorations, the skyride and sky course! Vista has so much potential, just need to change your staff to the more caring ones, and definitely change the chef!

Could have been better

Carnival Vista Cruise Review by Mkimb002

Love Mat's shows but he is not organized!

Mkimb002’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Vista price drops

Ocean View
Cabin 6A 6204
Very clean room (new) , very tight entrance though, could barely fit through carrying a tray.
Deck 2 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins