3. Ovation of the Seas
We booked this cruise primarily to experience the ship tech and for me to unwind. The size of the Ovation of the Seas is very impressive as is the technology that drives and operates her. My son and i flew from Canberra to Adelaide to begin our "high sea" adventure on board this high tech vessel. Our Cruise was organized through Mary Rossi Travel in Sydney, acting on our behalf and arranging all aspects of our travel. Embarkation went without issue, luggage was tagged and arrived safely outside our cabin. We entered the ship and were met with merchants selling us drink packs. As we are not consumers of alcohol, we opted for a refreshment pack each (2 x $120). We expected that we would be able to have fresh juices and "mock-tails", this was not to be as the only juices they had were highly sugared fruit drinks from cardboard boxes. We ended up drinking mainly water and cranberry with soda water for the rest of the trip. the purchase of these drink packs were a rip-off. That night, my son and I had dinner at the Silk restaurant, the meal was terrible as the lobster tasted old and rubbery. The meat tasted like it was frozen, warmed in a microwave then placed on the grill for a few minutes before serving - very few fresh vegetables. I got food poisoning the morning of the third day (i suspect it was the smoked salmon) and spent the rest of that day and most of the forth day in my stateroom. Dinner on 4th night was at the Grand, nice layout but again the food was dissapointing I had to send it back as my pasta sauce was far too sweet - I ended up having two plates of Greek salad which were themselves barely passable. I had no coffee as the milk used comes from a plastic bag (i expect it was re-constituted). Fruit was also unripe and tasteless (grapes were ok). We found very few activities that a 16year old could engage, my son was bored, spent a lot of time in the room watching movies. There was a language problem on board - we found it difficult to communicate with staff members and be understood. Music played in the garden area was not pleasant, some quite, classical or even wild-life sounds would have suited the environment more than the euro-pop that was being played. Like all reviews, i need to finish with just a few suggestions: 1) Use fresh ingredients, don't sugar sauces 2) Bake pastries fresh every day and use a proper french patisserie chef that knows how to make pastries 3) If you advertise Italian cuisine, make the cuisine authentic - don't compromise - patrons will pay for good food...bad food looses customers and future cruise goers. 4) Use fresh milk for coffee, use freshly ground beans every time a coffee is made at the espresso machine 5) Create unique atmosphere in places - the cruise is not all about getting drunk everywhere on deck

Amazing Vessel - poor food quality, no fresh jucies and areas lacked atmosphere

Ovation of the Seas Cruise Review by partizanatlas

Like all reviews, i need to finish with just a few suggestions:

1) Use fresh ingredients, don't sugar sauces

partizanatlas’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 16+
Get Royal Caribbean Ovation of the Seas price drops

Loved it. Cabin was better than what i expected
  Ovation of the Seas Deck Plans