Ruby Princess Cruise Review

Ruby Princess Cruise Review by Vernijean

• Sail Date: Dec 2016
  • Destination: the Mexican Riviera
  • Cabin Type: Interior

Overall, the cruise was good. The crew was great...always pleasant and helpful. The ship was overall clean, but of course, not spotless. The food was better than when I was on the Ruby Princess when it was in the Caribbean. There were activities and I realize the ship isn't going to give back lots of prize money, but having trivia contests and then the top prize is a key chain or a magnet is a bit insulting. I didn't see a lot of the shipboard entertainment, but I heard it was good. The casino was good, but you still have to buy your drinks there as well as every place else. I realize they can't give drinks away for free otherwise everyone will be down there just for that, but when you have been playing for hours, you shouldn't have to buy a soda.

The only sore point for me was the hard sell....on everything. Buy this, buy that....upsell on everything. Okay, I get it...that is how they make their money....but it is constant and persistent. And under no circumstances should you go to the spa or any other optional services if you don't have gobs of money to spend. I went to a free foot analysis and was pressured into buying a product (offer valid only for this hour and you will be back to thank me later...which I wasn't) and told repeatedly that I could get a full refund if I wasn't happy. Impossible. There is no refund once purchased. I complained to Princess Cruise line about being lied to and they passed the buck so I am out big money. I am not a happy customer about that.

So enjoy yourself but keep a close hold on your purse strings if you aren't one of the rich Americans that everyone thinks you are.

Vernijean's Full Rating Summary

Interior
Cabin IC L257

Typical inside cabin. Lots of closet and storage space. Had everything you need as you don't spend much time in the cabin.

Pirate Ship Adventure

Description didn't state the transport to the beach was 2 hours long, 4 hours round trip. Even with seasick medicine, it was too much sea for me and I was not able to enjoy anything. Others seemed to have a good time.

View All 14 Pirate Ship Adventure Reviews
Mazatlan

I was going to walk to old town but with so many homes with bars on their windows and doors made me uncomfortable. If the residents didn't feel safe, I was starting to not feel very safe walking on the streets alone even in the daytime. I went back to the ship after only a couple blocks.

Cabo San Lucas

I understand that people make their living this way, but you can't walk two feet without being assaulted by someone trying to sell you something....in all three ports. It was daunting!

Los Angeles

Bus transport from LAX to the ship terminal, arrived at the right time as we all breezed right through. When I mentioned how fast it went, I was advised it wasn't that smooth earlier in the day....we just arrived at the right time.

Vernijean