3. Norwegian Jade
My wife and I have taken numerous cruises but this was our first on Norwegian. We heard a lot of good, but had to find out for ourselves. The Jade is a clean, smaller ship and we liked it a lot. We have tried the new mega super ships and we think they are just that, too big. We want the smaller, more personable ships and found it in the Jade. The Captain did say in March of 2017 it will undergo a refurb. The cruise came with a free perks. We took the drink package and 3 free specialty meals. The drink package was more than we could ever want. We are not major drinkers, but after a 45.00 bill for two drinks on another cruise line, it was great to just grab a Bacardi 8 and coke or martini and not worry about the price. We took our 3 perk meals at La Bistro, Moderno and Teppanyaki. They were all outstanding. La Bistro is French and I never had that type of food before. Incredible! Teppanyaki is your Japanese Habatchi and it was very good. Moderno is a Brazilian steakhouse where they assault you with meats, again it was great. The restaurants for dinner were good. Jade Garden is also free. First, Jade was just ok. The food reminded me of just average Asian quality. Not impressed. Grand Pacific and Alizar are the other free restaurants. The food was real good. The only thing I did not like was the extra fees for higher end meals such as lobster. Now, with that being said I did get the lobster tail. It was 24 dollars for 12 ounces of tail. Overall, a great price and the tail was fantastic. We did each breakfast and some lunch at the restaurants, very good. The buffet was better than average. Selections were good. What I loved was the food's temperature! The hot was hot and the cold was cold. One think I hate is when a cold dish is warm, such as potato salad. Or, hot food that is cold such as chicken. Overall, no complaints. The staff was very friendly. Everyone was happy to help. Some of the English was rough with the staff, but that's ok. Nothing that we could not work with. The overall crowd of the ship was right up our alley. Older crowd, a more mature crowd. Not the 40 somethings acting like they are 19 again. (Cannot stand people who drink and act rudely or like a moron) Never had an issue getting a chair at the pool. Dinners were dress well. I wore a collard shirt and khakis and was just fine. Very laid back dress code. At the buffet, saw them tell people to go cover up and then come back. I liked that. No bathing suits. The ports were fine and Harvest Key is fantastic! Clean, the pool is incredible and staff is great. The drink or food package does not work on their island and they do not feed you, FYI. Also, take bug spray. There were these little bugs that bit and DAM, they hurt. Someone shared their bug spray with us and that took care of the problem. The rest of the ports were beautiful as well. Did not go to any of the shows, had no desire. We had a portal cabin and the beds were fine. Clean, no complaints. Next to Disney, Norwegian is our new favorite. We will try the next size ship and see if that continues. Again, after being on a few of the mega ships, we like the smaller ships. The customer service is better a long with everything else and the Jade was very nice!

Had a great time

Norwegian Jade Cruise Review by WillieG22

• Sail Date: December 2016
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Oceanview Porthole Window

Did not go to any of the shows, had no desire.

We had a portal cabin and the beds were fine. Clean, no complaints.

WillieG22’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Jade price drops

Oceanview Porthole Window
Cabin OG 4570
Clean, middle of the ship so the ride was smooth.
Deck 5 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins